Associate - New Business Risk - Singapore
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nomura Asia
- 12 déc. 17 2017-12-12
The New Business team is the gatekeeper of new combination of risks to Nomura. The team is responsible to ensure the implementation of new products and new transactions are reviewed in a multi-disciplinary manner and only worthwhile initiatives are considered for allocation of Nomura’s capital and resources. New Business team also gives focus to new activities which have a bearing on the reputation of the Nomura franchise. The New Business team is also responsible for the administration of Nomura’s Capital Commitment, Reputational Risk, New Products and other related committees.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
• Analysing new products and business initiatives and communicating them to infrastructure departments and senior management. Raising initial questions/comments on product proposal to business teams. Follow-up with stakeholders on caveats, conditions, post implementation reviews (PIR), committee action points, etc.
• Managing product approval process, often under pressure and to tight deadlines, ensuring approvals are correctly documented and records kept.
• Involving the relevant Approved Product Lists initiatives, maintenance & updating of Approved Product Lists.
• Involve in various local or global projects, such as New Business Policies training program, IT related initiatives, liaising with auditors, etc.
• Coordination of committee meetings & logistics, according to regional delegated authorities
- Working with Deal Teams and committee members on meeting arrangements
- Confirmation of committee quorum
- Minutes taking, where appropriate
• Management information and report to various governance committees
- Extracting relevant data from transaction database and new product approval system (NEPAL)
- Analysis of transaction & new products trends and key risk indicators
- Presentation of the data in Powerpoint, Word or Spreadsheet
• Providing cover when required for other members of the New Business team
• At least 3-5 years of banking industry experience
• Experience in risk management or a control function would be an advantage
• Good first degree; a post-graduate or professional qualification would be an advantage
- Good financial product and capital market knowledge. An understanding of capital market and derivative products would be beneficial
- Proficiency with PowerPoint & spreadsheet
- Articulate - excellent written and verbal skills
- Presents confidently
- Positive impression, perception, image and body language
- Breaks down complex issues – able to explain clearly
- Strong team player
- Result & delivery focused
- ‘Eye for detail’
- Client and service orientated
- Naturally inquisitive about “new” things
- Fast learner
• Corporate Governance
- Strong (internal) control instinct:
- Challenging, questioning
• Project Management:
- Can manage meetings, prepare concise minutes etc
- Structured, formal, organised
- Able to manage workload, meet / exceed deadlines, manage priorities
The successful applicant must be a team player, fast learner and posses excellent communication skills. The applicant will be expected to possess broad product/capital market knowledge. The candidate also needs to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.The successful applicant will report to the NSL Head of New Business, but will work closely with regional management.
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.