- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 14 nov. 17
Associate Director, Compliance Review, ASA
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.* Implement the Group Compliance Review strategies and agenda;
* Formulate a relevant and inclusive Regional Compliance Review schedule on an annual basis that is appropriate for ASA - to provide 2nd line of defence oversight of the businesses and to meet and discharge the Compliance function assurance obligations and responsibilities;
* Deliver the planned Compliance Reviews for ASA effectively and in a timely manner;
* Execute the Compliance Reviews in accordance to the Group Compliance Review standards - such as issuance of terms of reference, conducting of fieldwork, and drafting of findings and reports;
* Instil discipline to ensure that significant issues identified during the course of reviews are properly escalated - "no surprises"; all identified issues are duly tracked, monitored and remediated timely;
* Provide periodic Compliance Review progress summary (i.e. issues highlights and trends, issues require management attention and discussion, etc), to the relevant Governance Committee(s) within ASA accordingly - to ensure sufficient level of Regional / Country management team involvement;
* Provide leadership and work in collaboration with respective ASA Country Compliance Teams to adequately support the Compliance Review activities across ASA countries;
* Work closely with the other pillars of Compliance Assurance (i.e. MI & Data Management, Compliance Risk Management, Process & Control).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Facilitate to formulate the annual Compliance Review schedule for ASA;
* Deliver the Compliance Review schedule that has been committed for ASA;
* Improve the quality of Compliance Reviews, paying particular focus on Executive Summaries, issue trends, and covering emails to stakeholders;
* Check the tracker and ensure that all entries on ASA are correctly and promptly updated, and that any matters that are overdue are followed up and escalated as appropriate;
Root Cause Analyses
* Conduct proper root cause analyses and ensure that corresponding remedial action plans are put in place to prevent recurrences.
* Provide a local source of expertise and technical guidance to support the businesses in the management of their regulatory compliance risks.
* Provide support and staff developmental guidance to Compliance Review team members;
* Facilitate effective management and deployment of Compliance Review resources;
* Uplift the overall quality of Compliance Reviews and promote consistency across ASA.
Compliance Review Management
* Prepare / Review Compliance Review scoping papers and reports for ASA;
* Prepare / Review requests for additions, deferrals and cancellations of planned Compliance Reviews, as well as extensions of remedial action plans;
* Ensure that Compliance Reviews are carried out in accordance with Group Compliance's standards and requirements;
* Active management and participation in Compliance Review activities (including fieldwork) in ASA.
Engagement & Stakeholder Management
* Delivery of consistent communications on Compliance Review priorities and thematic findings (both in ASA and across the network) to key stakeholders;
* Visit ASA countries, where necessary, to proactively engage relevant stakeholders to ensure that Compliance Review activities in ASA are aligned with business direction and in accordance with Group Compliance Review strategies and agenda, and be directly involved in carrying out the countries' planned Compliance Reviews;
* Identify best practices on Compliance Review activities for implementation to continually uplift the overall quality of Compliance Reviews in ASA.
* Compliance Review team members across ASA countries
* Heads of Country Compliance Teams across ASA
* Regional Compliance Leadership Team, ASA
* Global Head, Compliance Assurance
* Regional Group Internal Audit, ASA
* Regional Business Chief Operating Officer, ASA
Qualifications and Skills
* Sound knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory matters; with a minimum of 5 years of relevant banking, compliance and audit-related experiences;
* Strong Leadership and Analytical capabilities;
* Excellent Communication and Report Writing skills;
* Ability to influence and work collaboratively with colleagues across Compliance (i.e. Business, Regional and Country), Operational Risk, Internal Audit, and other respective Business and Group Functions towards problem solving;
* Discipline towards Planning, Execution and Delivery within required timelines;
* Team Player and team-oriented;
* Able to guide and motivate colleagues to achieve deliverables and desired outcomes.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.