Overall Job Purpose:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with specific client stakeholders within OCBC to understand their business challenges & use your data expertise to proactively identify areas where Customer Analytics techniques can create value.
- Prioritise dashboarding and reporting workload by business value to optimise the capacity of the team.
- Represent GDO in cross functional agile squads
- Support strategic build projects to continuously enhance the capability of OCBC's analytical processes and big data platforms
Generate Actionable Customer Insight To Improve Key Business Outcomes
- Support the deployment of world-class marketing analytics capabilities and practices to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency of the OCBC Consumer Banking division. This includes:
- Apply data and advanced analytics to drive relevance of the marketing opportunities presented to customers & front-line channels
- Conducting data discovery and other data exploration activities to identify emerging trends and business opportunities to grow the business
- Gather requirements from the business for the development of BI reports and dashboards
- Development and ongoing management of reporting, analysis and derivation of key customer metrics.
- Regular interaction with product and segment managers to understand their business objectives. Proactive recommendation on how you think analytics could help them achieve their goals.
- Work with Data Engineering team to define the key pipelines of data required to support Business
*Li-VL Qualifications General Knowledge & Experience:
Programming & Data:
- At least 4 years experience in a similar role
- Understanding of banking, insurance or financial services preferred
Communication & Soft Skills:
- Has prior experience of BI reporting tools (Power BI / Qlikview)
- Exposure to database, analytical marketing or campaign management functions.
- Ability to analyse, identify, visualize and describe key trends within large datasets
- Prior exposure to leading analytical software tools (such as SAS / Python); leading database environments (Oracle / Teradata / Cloudera Hadoop / SQL); Campaign Management (Unica / SAS /Adobe) and/or contact management platforms (Siebel / Pega).
- Curiosity & a real passion for understanding "why?"
- Creativity to see possibilities within the data & translate into compelling stories, decisions and actions for non-technical business users.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence the business to take action from the data