- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nordea Bank AB Singapore Branch
- 16 nov. 17 2017-11-16
Nordea Bank AB Singapore Branch is one of the 5 branches making up Nordea’s International Division. The branch supports the Nordic business and the shipping and offshore industry in Asia.
The position we offer
Compliance is one of Nordea’s top priorities. We are deeply committed to be a safe and trusted partner to our customers and to the society as a whole.
In this role you will assist the Head of Compliance of the branch and support the business as a professional risk adviser in managing i.e. identifying, assessing, monitoring and mitigating compliance risk and take a strategic approach to this in order to control and mitigate those risks.
Areas of coverage include (but are not limited to):
• (Focus area) Capital markets area
• (Focus area) Regulatory advisory, risk assessment and monitoring in the capital markets area as well as other regulatory areas e.g. anti-bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, personal account dealing, whistleblowing, and other operational area like outsourcing and regulatory breach investigation)
• (Sub-focus area) Anti-money laundering, countering the financing of terrorism, and sanctions
Business areas include:
• Ship financing
• Corporate and institutional banking
• Trade finance
• Cash management
• Capital markets
You will work as an independent and professional compliance risk advisor thereby helping the business manage its compliance risk.
You will perform tasks to independently monitor, control and report on the risks identified, and assist to provide practical solutions to the risks identified.
You will guide, advice and give feedback to the business on compliance with applicable rules, regulations and internal procedures and when needed, also to assist the business in identifying the necessary changes to the systems, procedures, instructions, and practices that will be needed to ensure compliance in a timely and effective manner.
You will ensure that the necessary Compliance Risk management procedures, instructions and policies are comprehensive, up-to-date and communicated to all appropriate employees.
You will provide appropriate guidance and training to ensure all employees are equipped to adhere to regulatory and Nordea Group’s requirements and expectations.
You will proactively work with Compliance Risk Management framework of the Nordea Group and actively engage in implementation of all the Group operating model (e.g. planning, monitoring, reporting tools) requirements on a timely and accurate basis.
You will support the continued development of the management of Compliance Risks in the Group and across business lines through active interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
You will also support and assist the Branch and the Head of Compliance of the branch in any other matters.
The qualifications you need
You have 3 to 5 years of compliance experience in similar areas as stated above in a bank.
We also expect you to have:
• Bachelor degree
• Knowledge of Securities and Futures Act and Financial Advisors Act (this is a pre-requisite for this position)
• Experience in compliance monitoring and testing
• Experience working in a commercial bank
• Good command of English, both written and spoken
• Team player
• Analytical and very competent working with numbers including presentation of numbers/tables
• Good communication skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Positive attitude
• Have a good appreciation of risk
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Interested applicants, please APPLY below as soon as possible.