Contractor, Network Engineer
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDD, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings
The Singapore GT Infrastructure team provides high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team.
We recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
As the Network Engineer at Schroders, your key responsibilities include:
- Daily support of LAN, WAN and firewall environments, including problem isolation and resolution, performances troubleshooting and monitoring, change management, incident management.
- Maintain, upgrade and ensure security patching of all equipment under management.
- Monitor and report network activity trends
- Maintain network documentations.
- Implement and support Cisco switches/routers, firewall and other security appliances.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment under management.
- Ensure proper network hardware and software refreshes.
- Project related work, as required.
- Be part of the technical level support and escalation of network related issues during and outside business hours.
- Operate in a global team to support the global networks estate
- Engage with the wider Schroders support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Open to consider a 12 months contract
- Degree graduate with 5-7 years of network experience
- Enjoys working in a team and preferably in a fast-changing mission-critical environment.
- Prior experience working in a financial services or similar regulated industry is an advantage
- Experienced supporting large, complex networking environments and working with managed service providers and outsourcers.
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Routing & switching (e.g. BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, VTP, STP, VPC and OTV)
- Firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Network appliances like Bluecoat proxies and Citrix Netscaler.
- Knowledge in voice is preferred e.g. Microsoft Lync.
- Knowledge in Video conferencing solutions preferred e.g. Polycom DMA/RMX, CMS.
- Knowledgeable in multiple system platforms and technology disciplines
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, problem solving, and the ability to learn and work quickly
- Ability to provide creative solutions to problems, demonstrating proactive approach through use of technology
- Certification in CCIE/CCNP/CCVP/CCDP is preferred