Data Analytics - Senior Associate
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. With 189,000 people operating in 152 countries around the world, we have outstanding professionals working together to provide value to local and global organizations. Committed to excellence, we are proud to be a recognized Employer of Choice in Singapore.
We invite highly motivated and dynamic professionals with relevant experience to join our Tax practice. You will be part of the Tax Data Analytics team providing a cycle of iterative improvements for clients and other KPMG’s tax services. This include developing analytic tools to improve effectiveness and efficiency, and uncovering complex patterns and subtle indicators of suspicious activity to reduce fraudulent behaviour.
In this role, you will be involved in analysing data and providing insights to support the Tax and Advisory functions and clients. Successful candidates should have a passion for all things data; from database architecture and data extraction to high value analytics, data mining and predictive analytics.
The successful candidate will:
• Collaborate with key stakeholders with confidence;
• Review, analyse and interpret business data and information needed across key business process such as sales, procurement, inventory, payroll etc;
• Analyse complex problems, and share creative and innovative solutions to solve client's problems;
• Perform data analysis and present analysis through use of visualisation tools such as QilkView or Tableau;
• Ability to identify quality gaps and highlight trends or outliers and propose solution for gaps identified;
• Ability to use basic SQL extraction for database
The ideal candidate should:
• have minimum 2-5 years of recent related experience within the software, technical, consulting, auditing (using CAATS) or similar industries
• possess a recognised Bachelor Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, Statistics, Accountancy, Finance, or similar quantitative field of study
• have familiarity and hands-on experience with Data Analytics tools to create impactful data for deriving operational benefits, monitoring and managing risk have an affinity with the indirect tax end-to-end process
• have thorough understanding of ERP, tax engines and tax automation
• have a positive attitude, willingness to learn and passion to join a greenfield practice
• possess the ability to multi-task and prioritise based on multiple job requirements
• demonstrate the ability to organise, coordinate, and execute on details