Database Administrator – Associate
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 juin 18 2018-06-17
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Aladdin and APG Standard Description
What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide.
Database Operations team is a critical component of the Core Systems Operations group, responsible for every aspect of database technology, operations and strategy at BlackRock, across platforms such as SAP Sybase ASE/ Repserver / IQ, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Apache Cassandra and GreenPlum.
The team provides 24/7 coverage in facing the sun model and is responsible for monitoring, operational support and administering production environments for all BlackRock businesses (including subsidiaries and BlackRock Solutions clients.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
The role requires providing operations, development and project support within the global database environment across various database platforms. Key responsibilities of the candidate are as follows:
Operational support of a wide variety of database technology
Provide database administration tasks such as:
- Database set up & builds
- Code release
- Monitor the health of database, replication servers & DR latency
- Space management
Assess issues for severity, troubleshoot proactively and notify key stakeholders Focus on service impact and timely resolution of critical investment system issues Escalate outages until services is restored working in collaboration with Client Technical Services and other tech teams Coordinate with external vendor technology support when required Once issues are resolved in the short term, focus on root cause and long term remediation
Project based participation
Participate in major upgrades and migration/consolidation exercises Creatively explore and implement new product features Actively contribute to the Performance Tuning and Engineering activities
Contribute to our software toolset
Contribute to the monitoring and maintenance utilities in Perl and Java Contribute to data captures to enable more in-depth analysis of the system.
Skill and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Previous IT experience, preferably in a similar role
- Keen enthusiasm for acquiring new technical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management from both IT and business areas
- Understanding of large scale enterprise application setup across Data centers.
Database Technology:- Sybase ASE, SQL server, and/or Oracle
- 5+ years of experience of Sybase ASE database administration is required
- Exposure to Sybase RepServer administration is required
- In depth understanding of database system and operations
- Strong Ability to analyze SQL query performance and suggest probable solutions.
- Strong Ability to analyze MDA tables, various cache usage, server logs and error interpretation
- Understanding of data replication across systems.
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable queries/code
- Enjoys a high pressure environment, troubleshooting time sensitive critical issues and working with people
OS: Familiarity with Linux/Solaris/Windows
- Well versed with all shell commands like grep, find, sed, awk, ls, cp, netstat etc.
- Well versed with commands to check CPU usage, memory usage and disk usage on a Unix/Linux system using OS native commands
- Good understanding of shell/Perl scripting.
- Willingness to work during weekends on-site on DBA activities and designated shift hours
Skills/Requirements: - Desired
- Exposure or understanding of Big data technologies like Cassandra, NoSQL.
- Experience of working in financial markets
- Exposure to AutoSys/Cron/Control-M tools
- Incident Management/Bug Tracking: Jira / Service manager etc.
Growth and development opportunities: Database training will be given, both on the job and formalized. Personal and technical growth is assured under the mentorship of a group of vastly experienced, technically focused colleagues
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.