Desktop Support Analyst
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 17 oct. 17 2017-10-17
Desktop Support Analyst
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
- To provide direct user support for front and back office and support functions.
- To work with 2nd level support of system administrators or external vendors to determine nature of problem relating to systems/PC's and related software.
- To use technical and analytical expertise/knowledge of systems to resolve incidents and problems internally.
Major Accountabilities /Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform L1/L2 troubleshooting and break-fix (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all IT hardware/software and equipment (including but not limited to PC, Laptops, IP Phones, tablet, smartphones, dealer boards and Printers).
- Log all incident and request cases on the call logging system. To solve or escalate IT related problems and follow them through until case closure. These could range from urgent calls requiring immediate attention; to request for maintenance on hardware or information relating to the introduction of new systems.
- User account administration; removal of access for new and existing users.
- Assist to set-up and troubleshoot Town halls, Video, and Audio Conference issues.
- Create, update, and publish documentations relating to innovative solutions for enhanced user experience. Train users on new technology products being launched.
- Simulate technical issues encountered by end-users to come up with a standard permanent resolution.
- Actively utilise and contribute to the knowledge management system.
- Educate users about the purpose of self-assistance portals to have a basic knowledge on how to setup and some useful information of our business applications.
- Support MAC -Move, Add, Changes relating to user desk relocation and equipment upgrade.
- Actively participate in regional projects. Propose improvements to GTS services.
- Asset management; Track and monitor IT assets including hardware, accessories, loaned equipment's, servicing, decommissioning and replacement.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendor in the proper provision of a timely support respond and resolution.
- Actively involved in Business Continuity pre and post events. Monitoring, maintaining BCP equipment and provide support.
Key Skill Areas & knowledge Required:
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP inter-networking fundamentals, Microsoft 7 workstation/server/infrastructure and/or Solaris/Unix administration.
- Hands-on knowledge on Active Directory, DNS/WIN/DHCP, file/print services, ACL, registry modification, policy configuration, VB scripting, SCCM package delivery and use of other desktop troubleshooting commands/tools would be essential.
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft products with a focus on Outlook.
- Good interpersonal skills to as user interaction is the main part of the job.
- A technical knowledge that will allow them to install systems, upgrade and repair, install expansion cards and upgrade PC memory, and to show initiative in solving problems associated with PC.
- Knowledge in the real-time data feed and trading applications such as Reuters, EBS and Bloomberg would be useful.
- At least a diploma with a qualification in a computer based course.