- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
The Human Bank. As a Global Bank we have opportunities that go beyond country borders. If you think you are ready for your next career move, and if you fit the skills and requirements of this role, a new adventure may await you.
To succeed in this role we are looking for: SABRE Applications Development Lead - HTML5
The successful candidate will play a leading role in the implementation of several highly visible strategic programmes of work with the primary responsibilities of leading the SABRE Applications team. The SABRE Applications team is a team of 4/5 UI developers located in Singapore and London. Key attributes for the successful candidate will be strong leadership ability coupled with excellent technical UI focussed skills, along with experience of leading UI teams in a Front Office banking environment. Any developed solution must be scalable, robust and fault tolerant catering to the existing and future business needs in a timely manner. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to develop innovative solutions with a view to these being released quickly to gain feedback before advising on the full scale roll out.
The candidate will be a natural leader and mentor with a driven yet pragmatic, delivery focussed mindset and a desire to deliver constant business value through the effective and innovative use of technologywith a proven background in delivering high quality business critical software. The candidate will be expected to take ownership, responsibility and accountability for critical deliveries. In addition the successful candidate will have come from a mature and demonstrable Agile and DevOps background and be comfortable dealing with the resistance that comes with change.
The candidate will work closely with the other team leads and senior stakeholders in order to design and implement critical strategic solutions whilst collaborating and engaging with Business Stakeholders to deliver to exacting requirements. The candidate is expected to work in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations while leading and helping to lead and build the local development team. This role will report to the Global Head of SABRE development.
The candidate will be required to work closely with other Development Managers, Project Managers, Quants, Traders, Middle office and Risk users.
Technical Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architecture, system design and programming approach following a standard software development lifecycle
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong focus on clear and practical documentation
- Work closely with senior management, other Development Managers, Project Manager, and a team of developers.
- Design, Code, Unit Test and support Software components
- Deliver quality software in a time following standard software development processes
- Analyze problems raised in software development or production environments and provide timely solutions
- Develop, prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions, flowcharts and operational procedures.
- Act as the second line of support during production problems when needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Sound understanding of React.js, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Experience of Angular.js, Bootstrap and knowledge of Node JS, Backbone.
- Knowledge of open source solutions and trending technologies
- Exposure to broader web technologies such as RESTful API's
- Knowledge of Java.
- Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility, SEO, browser compatibility,
Scalability and Performance
- Ability to deliver scalable applications and carry out benchmarking
- Proven Ability in delivering highly responsive, simple interfaces displaying complex data
- Demonstrable Experience of TDD and BDD Knowledge with tools such as jUnit, JsUnit, PHPUnit, AssertJ and Cucumber
- Exposure to Continuous Build and Deployment Solutions such as Jenkins \ Puppet
- Exposure to SVN \ GIT \ Jira and Jira Stash
Development Methodologies and Practices
- Worked within an Agile environment using methodologies such as Scrum \ KanBan \ XP and Lean
- Sounds and Demonstrable knowledge of Design Patterns, OO Programming and when to use patterns including Knowledge Complex Event Processing, Event Sourcing
- Interest or Working Knowledge of NoSQL Repositories
Preferred Domain Knowledge
- Good Trading/Market Risk domain experience preferred however is not essential. Domain knowledge on financial instruments and derivatives, trading and risk management, market data, and market risk processes and methodologies.
- Good understanding of risk measures, risk analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of at least one specific asset class / line of financial instruments would be valued.
Other Preferred Skills
- Candidates with a demonstrable ability high quality UI and UX are welcome
- Strong analytical & problem solving and creative skills
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English.
- Extensive hands on experience working in a bank or Financial Institution.
- Ability to be organised and multi-task on different requirements across various stakeholders, and to work independently and under pressure.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies.
- Should have a technical or numerate degree in subjects such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics, advanced degree preferred.