Financial Markets Advisory - VP
- Not Specified
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 janv. 18 2018-01-17
Introduction to BlackRock’s Advisory Business: BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory (“FMA” or “Advisory”) group provides counsel to financial institutions, regulators, and government entities on their most critical and often most complex issues. FMA acts as a trusted advisor to our clients focusing on topics related
Introduction to BlackRock’s Advisory Business:
BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory (“FMA” or “Advisory”) group provides counsel to financial institutions, regulators, and government entities on their most critical and often most complex issues. FMA acts as a trusted advisor to our clients focusing on topics related to balance sheet, risk & regulation, capital markets & transaction support, and data & analytics. FMA leverages BlackRock’s global capabilities to deliver superior advice and integrated solutions.
The FMA group was established in 2008, to address the unique challenges that arose globally as a consequence of the financial crisis. Since its founding, FMA has completed over 500 assignments for over 225 unique clients in 31 countries. The FMA team is regularly called upon to address our clients’ most unique challenges. FMA provides financial, experiential, educational, and promotion opportunities to attract, retain and develop some of BlackRock’s most outstanding talent. We presently conduct our activities through about 300 professionals located globally, principally in London and New York with office locations in Singapore, Athens, Budapest, Charlotte, Dublin, Frankfurt, Gurgaon, Milan, Washington and Zurich. The FMA group operates behind an informational barrier separating it from the firm’s traditional portfolio management activities. This creates a conflict-avoidant environment and further serves to protect client data and proprietary information.
We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our FMA team as a Vice President working closely in a team environment to develop and implement solutions that address our clients’ business needs. Our client base includes some of the largest, most sophisticated financial institutions in the world, as well as government institutions across the globe, providing our staff with diverse and challenging work experiences.
Assignments within the group range across each of our key five practice areas:
- Strategic Consulting
- Financial Institutions
- Official Institutions
- Transaction Support
The candidate would assume the following responsibilities:
- Advise clients on high-profile mandates in the financial industry on complex issues with regards to strategy, balance sheet, markets, risk, regulation, system-wide policy, transactions, etc.
- Act as project manager on our client engagements or workstreams thereof. Responsibilities include client and team leadership, project management and problem solving
- Mentor junior team members to facilitate their continuous learning and development
- Prepare presentations for pitching new business
- Contribute to BlackRock’s fiduciary culture of providing the highest quality service to our clients
The role is based in Singapore.
- This role will provide significant opportunities for the successful candidate to apply and further develop both their quantitative and qualitative analytical expertise across multiple issues at the top of the agenda of financial institutions and regulators within the APAC region
- The role will offer material opportunities for candidate ownership and responsibility of key areas of client deliverables and content matter
- The role will require frequent presentation of mandated output to senior clients and participation in the drive to secure new client mandates
- This role will provide scope for the candidate to develop their experience directing, mentoring and developing junior team members
- This role will offer material opportunity for the candidate to develop their commercial skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Project Manager with 6 to 12 years’ experience at a leading management consulting firm and/or at a Financial Institutions in an internal consultant capacity
- Wide experience within banking industry across a range of topics. Experience in risk and/or regulation related topics is an advantage, esp. on market risk
- Experience in managing important projects or work streams thereof at leading banks including project management, client and team management and independent problem solvin
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking and interest in developing further their technical skills
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Fluent English a prerequisite. Fluency in additional languages is an advantage