S&P Global Market Intelligence **Note: MUST SUBMIT WRITING SAMPLES WITH APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION** The Role:
Fintech Research Analyst, APAC. The Team:
The TMT Research group within S&P Global Market Intelligence is building a fintech research team. The team is charged with providing our clients a view into the fintech competitive landscape, identifying high-impact market trends, and producing data and insights to inform strategy and decision making. Our team's work has already been leveraged and promoted by leading providers of fintech products and services worldwide. In this role, the successful candidate will help lead research in market segments shaping the nature and adoption of fintech technologies and services. The Impact:
You will join a growing team of industry analysts that are producing research on the key vendors, trends, and user requirements within the fintech ecosystem. We provide insights on multiple topics including embedded finance, digital banking, digital lending, and digital payments. Analysts help define and shape the markets they cover, as well as our clients' strategies. What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to help build an industry-leading fintech research and advisory team
- The ability to make your own unique contribution to established and widely utilized research, with the potential to become a recognized voice in the industry.
- Exposure to a wide variety of people, including industry C-level executives, product leadership, investment professionals, enterprise end-users, and fellow analysts.
What We're Looking For:
- This role will conduct research on market participants and trends in fintech products and services, working independently within a geographically dispersed, global team. Research will be global in nature but with specific emphasis on the APAC market.
- Writing and presentation development is essential to this role and will include research and publication of both short (2-4 page) and long (10-15 page) reports on fintech vendors, products and services, as well as on broader industry topics as relevant. Short reports will publish regularly and more frequently (approximately weekly); longer reports would be less frequent and may be more on-demand.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of end-user surveys. Analyze and deliver research reports based on the results.
- Engage in briefings with key vendors and attend events (virtual, or other events contingent on travel conditions) focused on covered segments of the fintech market.
- Develop presentations, webinars and strategy sessions to present research and explain industry trends.
- Respond to inquiry requests from fintech market vendors and enterprise users.
- Contribute to custom advisory research projects, such as thought leadership reports and webinars
Flexible Working (optional)
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in research, consulting, or journalist roles pertaining to fintech. Applicants with direct industry experience at a fintech vendor or financial services provider are also encouraged to apply
- Thorough understanding of the key trends, technologies, and vendors powering the fintech market, especially in APAC.
- To be considered for an interview, applicants will be required to provide examples of their writing appropriate to fintech trends and market developments. It is strongly recommended that applicants familiarize themselves with 451 Research and its output, beginning with our site at https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/solutions/451-research .
- Comfort with basic data analysis. Ability to communicate quantitative findings and recommendations in written and conversational business formats
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), with superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- The key to being a successful analyst is having an inquisitive nature; always looking to learn and explore.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 9 The Location:
Singapore About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
274932 Posted On: