Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is one of the largest global asset management organizations of any full service securities firm, with 45 offices serving clients in 19 countries. MSIM's professionals worldwide provide outstanding long-term investment performance. We offer clients a diverse array of equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative investments, including real asset strategies. Team Profile
The Team's remit it is to design, develop and, through active post-launch product management, maintain products for MSIM's business outside of the US. As a leading global asset manager, products cover all asset classes, UCITs and AIF structures, distribution across 25+ countries and over $150bn. The Team in International is broadly divided into a Product Development function, whose responsibility it is to define, develop and deliver products needed to support MSIM's strategy and a Product Management function, responsible for ensuring that the legal vehicle structures through which MSIM's strategies are being delivered continue to remain viable and competitive vis-a-vis competitors and the defined target market and comply with all regulatory requirements. There is also a Global Alternatives Product team based in NY. Primary Responsibilities
Responsible for the development of International fund legal vehicles and their sub-funds, including:
- Lead for new product development or product modifications managed by the MSIM Portfolio Management teams located in Asia, changes or additions sought by Asian distribution teams or related to Asian strategic initiatives, from planning, seeking internal approvals, to operational launch
- Act as the regional SME and go-to resource for product related queries from Asia based teams
- Liaise with local Asian external counsels, Taiwan master-agent and coordination of filings for new fund registrations, de-registrations, fund actions for various Luxembourg and Irish UCITs fund ranges
- Oversee and maintain fund registrations across Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Japan and future Asian jurisdictions
- Oversight and maintenance of domestic China (QDLP), and others including Saudi Arabia
- Facilitate oversight and governance of new product initiatives and material changes to existing products managed by the China JV (MSHF)
- Produce, respond and/or contribute to Asian regulatory requests, surveys and periodic reports on our products
- Lead and project manage any new fund launches ensuring that the appropriate business case has been made
- Manage relationships with product stakeholders across divisions
- Work with Distribution and the investment teams on innovating new solutions for clients.
- Drive new product development opportunities to grow both product range and AUM.
- Responsible for product lifecycle including fund changes, mergers closures and legal entity changes.
- To oversee, provide guidance, represent the Team at various meetings and to senior management and to assist with issue resolution in relation to the following areas:
- Take the lead in complex, strategic projects including commercial, regulatory and governance objectives
- Contribute to market analysis in order to identify product opportunities as well as to improve the competitive positioning of the product range.
- Production of reporting and interaction with Management Company and Fund Boards.