IT Software Engineer Mainframe
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
Are you an experienced mainframe engineer with all-round skills? Would you enjoy helping us to modernize a legacy application landscape? Can you imagine yourself working as part of a multi-location team? If so, we're looking for someone like you to:
– determine solutions to IT business requirements and assist in implementing them
– demonstrate expertise both in technical design and issue management
– use your all-round experience to build and maintain mainframe software
– conduct requirements-gathering activities, like evaluating services, using a variety of internal and external data and conducting end user interviews
– support the business/client representatives by describing the system processes, both in the system design phase and issue debugging
– assist in quality control
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Reference Data System delivery team in Singapore, partnering with a similar team located in Zurich, Switzerland. Our role is to provide business applications (customers) with a global infrastructure for the management, maintenance and use of reference static data. Our clients are the business application owners and the data owners of reference data tables. We provide customers with tools and public services for maintaining, managing and using shared reference data, backed up by our own dedicated support organization. We offer standardization, central storage and global synchronization for master and control data, ensuring high data quality and enabling programming to be parameterized and structured more flexibly.
Your experience and skills
– long-standing experience designing and building complex applications with relational databases
– solid experience in COBOL and z/OS programming, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler, CICS transactions, network databases
– experience in tools: Dynarep, TOAD for DB2, SDLC Modelling Platform suite of tools
– hands-on experience in Changeman facilitated software delivery
– good knowledge of SQL, JCL and IBM Debugger
– a professional who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– passionate about what you do; you value excellence, learning and integrity
– able to keep the pace in delivering business value while working in a sustainable environment
– a strong team player with emphasis on delivering business value
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– an excellent communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT (you're comfortable talking to pros and amateurs)
– fluent in English
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.