Investment Risk Manager
- Not Specified
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 15 janv. 18 2018-01-15
Risk Department Overview The Group Risk function is headed by the Head of Group Risk, who reports directly to the CFO. The department serves to identify risks and provide independent challenge and oversight. The Group Risk function consists of specialist teams in the following areas:
Risk Department Overview
The Group Risk function is headed by the Head of Group Risk, who reports directly to the CFO. The department serves to identify risks and provide independent challenge and oversight. The Group Risk function consists of specialist teams in the following areas: Investment Risk, Credit Risk, and Enterprise Risk. Group Risk resources are based in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Role Overview ?
- To quantify, analyse and challenge the Investment Risks run within the Fixed Income business in Asia (covering investment desks in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, and Japan). ?
- Providing thematic risk reviews and analysis, recommendations and reports to Head of Investment Risk, Asset Class Head, Asset Class Risk Committees, and other committees / boards as appropriate. ?
- Building a relationship with the relevant Asset Class Head and Portfolio Managers, as well as the on-desk risk resources. ?
- As an independent second line of defence function, the role includes oversight of the first line (the fund managers), ensuring that risk controls and risk monitoring are fit for purpose, and that issues identified are resolved / escalated in a timely manner. ? Providing consultancy and challenge to the First Line on the development risk controls for new product launches. ?
- Take a leading role in preparing for and participating in the Asset Class Risk Committee for APAC Fixed Income (chaired by the Global Asset Class Head).
- More generally, provide necessary reporting and insight to all relevant Risk Committees and local/regional Committees and Boards.
- Ideally with University degree plus appropriate professional or post-graduate qualification will be preferred?
- Fixed Income market experience (either as a Risk Manager, Product Manager or Fund Manager), with strong understanding of how fixed income products are valued and the key market drivers that can influence market pricing for fixed income, rates and currencies; ?
- A good knowledge of Asia or Emerging markets; ?
- Comfort with speaking up / providing challenge, whilst simultaneously managing internal relationships ?
- Ability to influence at senior levels ?
- Knowledge of Aladdin would be useful ?
- Strong understanding of risk measures and methodologies (duration, VaR, stress testing). ?
- Ability to assimilate market information, performance information and risk information in order to identify potential risk issues at an early stage ?
- Clear, logical thinker, able to break down a problem into bite-size components, and plan the required steps of a project to arrive at a solution ?
- Passion for markets & curiosity in how risk change & how portfolio managers respond/adapt ?
- Strong communication skills.
- Not only verbal, but also an ability to write papers in a clear and coherent structure ?
- Credible when presenting to existing or prospective clients ?
- Idea generation that will result in material changes to the risk management process ?
- Ability to link market and operational risk.