- Singapour, Singapore
- CDD, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 20 nov. 17
Manager, Financial Reporting (Contract)
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
As a key member of the Country Finance division, the role focuses on value protection and creation for the Bank through ensuring the financial reports for the Bank's Branch in Singapore are prepared in accordance with relevant policies and accounting standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
To deal with matters relating to:
* Financial reporting, including:
- Head Office ('HO') IFRS reporting of Singapore Branch
- Review of derivatives reporting in IFRS pack
- Liaison with Group Finance on accounting / reporting issues
- Responding to Group Finance on queries raised
- Liaison with shared services team to resolve reconciliation differences of intercompany balances
- Liaison with stakeholders from Product Control, Business Finance, Credit, etc, to ensure accuracy of granular reporting
- Liaison with internal and external auditors on audit / accounting issues
- Resolution of queries related to accounting and usage of PSGL accounts
* Statutory accounts, MAS609 and Supplementary information of Singapore Branch
* MAS reporting of regulatory returns and ratios (e.g. 610, 649, Income & Expenditure, Section 35, 639A, Asset Maintenance Ratio, Qualifying Liabilities)
* Review of Country Addendum (CA) and Transaction Programme Authority (TPA)
* Review of Key MIS/reconciliations (including but not exhaustive)
- Profit remittance
- Monthly reconciliation of exposures reported to BCRS vs GL
* Ad-hoc projects
* New accounting and reporting requirements
* Drive process improvement
Qualifications and Skills
* Relevant financial management and accounting experience and qualifications (CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
* 4-6 years of experience in the banking industry
* Sound understanding of IFRS and the Bank's accounting policies
* Experience in preparing statutory accounts of banks
* Knowledgeable in MAS regulatory reporting requirements
* Experience in handling and reviewing key MAS returns and regulatory ratios, including responding to MAS queries
* Good understanding of banking products
* Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft GL and transaction processing systems in the Banking industry
* A high degree of integrity and the ability to challenge the views and actions of others in a constructive manner.
* Excellent communication skills, able to convey complex messages quickly and succinctly to various senior stakeholders
* Self-starter with high levels of drive and resilience along with attention to detail
* Good problem solving skills with ability to trouble shoot effectively when situation demands
* Ability to work in a team with diverse background and experiences
* Good track record of working in a very organised way, multi-tasking, prioritising, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term)
* Experience in data quality improvement or system implementation for automation of reporting would be an added advantage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 24/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.