- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 31 oct. 17
Manager, PMO Private Banking and Wealth Management
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.JOB PURPOSE
Manage programme of technology enhancements in Private Banking & Wealth Management, by ensuring governance of projects through the Projects Review Committee, monitoring progress and status of projects, and helping project/portfolio managers solve specific issues as and when they arise. Run the end-to-end budgetary process of requests, prioritisation and drawdown of the roughly $70m/year portfolio of projects.
Where possible, propose initiatives/actions to simplify project governance mechanisms, and help selected project teams in delivery of specific improvements.
* Ensure governance of projects through the Projects Review Committee (PRC).
o Staff monthly meetings of the PvB & WM PRC, including preparation of meeting materials and coordinating submissions from project teams.
o Ensure decisions made at PRC are implemented by project teams.
o Participate in regular dialogues with the Bank's ePMO team, to implement new project governance initiatives and provide input/feedback into additional measures being designed.
* Monitor progress and status of projects.
o Compile regular RAG reporting from technology teams, and monitor for potential issues that can arise. Recommend actions that need to be taken by senior management (business and technology), based on deep understanding of projects' content and nature of challenges faced.
o Participate in the Project Steering Committees of major projects, to ensure adequate oversight and provide input to project teams.
* Help project/portfolio managers solve specific issues, as and when they arise.
o Provide guidance on governance mechanics (e.g., how to obtain additional funding if project costs overrun).
o Propose solutions to complex challenges at the project or portfolio levels (e.g., prioritisation of business requirements if faced with budget/time constraints, trade-offs of resource allocation across projects).
* Run the end-to-end budgetary process
o Run the annual process of collating desired technology enhancements from business/functions/regions, prioritising these (together with the technology team), obtaining the required budget (together with Finance), and ensuring on-time drawdown and delivery (through the PRC process).
o Engage senior-level stakeholders as and when ad-hoc requests arise (outside the budget cycle). Work with technology teams to estimate "what it takes" to deliver these requests, and identify areas where budget can be potentially freed up to fund them. Propose re-prioritisation of technology portfolio when required (e.g., when significant and unplanned regulatory commitments arise).
* Propose actions to simplify the overall process of governing projects, in order to speed up delivery and execution of projects.
* As and when possible, help selected project teams deliver and execute specific improvements.
* Effective meetings of the PvB & WM Projects Review Committee.
* Effective management of the governance and budget process.
* Governance-related initiatives implemented; issues from projects raised and resolved.
* Feedback on quality of work by stakeholders and senior management.
* 3-5 years' professional experience in a bank, ideally in a project management or portfolio oversight or central reporting/governance role.
* Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline.
* Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication; ability to simultaneously "see the big picture" and manage the details of implementation; strong ability to follow through on execution.
* Familiarity with wealth management (affluent banking) and private banking a plus.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.