Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 17 sept. 18 2018-09-17
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. The Singapore’s infrastructure team provides high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Singapore GT Infrastructure team provides high quality support and project/change capability for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region, working closely as part of the global team. We recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
The database platform underpins our global applications and as such requires high availability, consistently high performance and effective monitoring. We run Microsoft SQLserver in all our global data centres, and Oracle in Singapore and London. Working with the global team, ensuring the best standards are adopted by all globally is fundamental to making this a successful platform. We utilise both physical and virtual servers to host our estate and are looking to implement an automation & self-service platform. This role will work very closely with the application delivery & support teams and platform engineers across the Wintel, Storage and Database functions to ensure infrastructure provides the best service possible. The individual will provide operational support to ensure database availability & will design, build, test and deliver the strategy provided by the technical authority for this vertical. The role reports to the DBA team head in Singapore.
- Install, maintain, administer and support Database server estate.
- Design, build and test the SQL database platform.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Engage with the wider Schroders support teams in the management and resolution of incidents and problems.
- Work closely with the support functions, the Storage and Wintel engineers to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
- Establish and document regional & global standards for hardware & configuration.
- Maintain high-levels of uptime across the estate.
- Build a platform, capable of delivering automation at every opportunity.
General and Technical Skills:
- Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
- Background in financial services or similar regulated industry.
- Experienced in converged datacentre design & next gen storage.
- Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL server 2012, 2016 & 2017.
- High Availability using SQL AlwaysOn, Clustering and Windows Operating systems
- Experience of delivering improvement through debugging code and optimising queries.
- Creation and development of scheduled database maintenance routines.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Power shell, scripting and automation
- Knowledge of volume management, storage backup, monitoring and configuration management software.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of building capacity planning and capacity management processes.
- In-depth knowledge of security and vulnerability based approach to security hardening.
- Experience on Azure platform/cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Oracle 12c desirable.
- Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
- A good communicator, and able to work collaboratively in a global team.
- Someone who can operate in a fast changing environment and take ownership of their work.
- Someone who will challenge the status quo and improve the overall user experience.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information with the wider team.
- An inquisitive thinker, with attention to detail.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.