Principal Analyst Developer - Investment IT Delivery
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. Within APAC IT – Investment IT Delivery is responsible for supporting the Investment Systems and new initiatives for Schroders in both the Project and BAU functions. The team comprises of developers, business analysts & scrum master. The geographical coverage of the team is: Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, Japan, Korea and Indonesia, with a very close alignment with UK.
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders’ operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Principal Analyst Developer are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Analyst Developer’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
As the Principal Analyst Developer at Schroders, you need to be an experienced developer or strong technical BA to be able to represent Investment IT and support senior Investment stakeholders in Investments mainly the FM/FMA, Compliance & Risk. We are currently undertaking a multi-year programme to build out an internal Analytics/Risk platform which you will take on a lead position from APAC perspective.
- Responsible to support the business with new benchmark, guidelines, product onboarding, processes
- Support Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Work with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Commit to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
- Support other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical skills
- Degree graduate in computer science or any other relevant disciplines
- Experience with end to end delivery of IT investment (front office) systems especially Risk related
- Ideally hands on experience with Aladdin implementation
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies (SAFe is preferred)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of database, Oracle, SLQ server, ETL
- Experience working with SQL Server 2012 and knowledge of data warehousing best practices.
- Experience with modelling skills, including business, process, requirements, applications, software, data, and technology.
- Excellent technical documentation skills with oral and written communication skills
- Show autonomy in organizing work, conducting analysis and proposing solutions
- Able to solve complex problems with excellent analytical skills and communication skills
- Experience in dealing with large volumes of data sources from internal or external sources; make sense out of datasets
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture tools and methodologies
- Broad systems architecture design, planning and implementation experience
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC/CFA) are preferred