Regional Product Strategy Director
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 15 janv. 18 2018-01-15
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
Global Product Strategy is looking for a Regional Product Strategy Director to join the team in either Hong Kong or Singapore. This role will report to the VP Regional Product Strategy of Asia Pacific and is responsible providing high quality strategic advice to business leadership, focusing on influencing both retail and institutional product strategy for the North Asia region. It is expected this individual will make a material contribution to other Global Product Strategy’s initiatives. The role will also help to ensure the organization excels in providing high quality products to address client needs through research and product development efforts, product positioning, and product placement within global portfolios. It will require a high level retail and institutional knowledge and expertise across Asia Pacific markets, especially in identifying product gaps, recommending and championing new products/capabilities, pricing strategies, product positioning, articulating key differentiations and recommending products to internal business channels and external clients. This position will also serve as the strategic driver and point of contact for Regional Product Strategy across retail and institutional business in Asia Pacific.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
Asia Pacific Product Strategy and Innovation
- Work across all countries and distribution channels (retail & institutional) in North Asia to establish near and long term product development plans, including fund launch, separate account client opportunity as well as sub-advised solutions
- Innovation through access to all the available investment capabilities (traditional or alternatives) across Franklin Templeton platform
- Ongoing evaluation to identify solutions for new client segment of an evolving distribution landscape. Product strategies will be in line with market outlook, and business strategy to diversify with innovation to anticipate client demand
- Understand client needs and develop segmentation to articulate product roadmap for the North Asia region
Product Design and Development
- Ongoing collaboration with distribution and investment teams to offer proactive and innovative product design and development to address opportunities from both retail & institutional distribution channels
- Develop comprehensive product plans and future vision of the product platforms for the North Asia markets. Market research, analysis and design on fund features, product delivery and shelf space analysis is a core component
- Support the gathering and retention of assets by providing strategic perspective on assessing business and product needs, negotiating and addressing pricing issues, and provide product and pricing recommendation
- Collaborate closely with the distribution team to understand client feedback around the reception of product positioning on new or reposition existing products
- Participate in meetings with clients, gatekeepers, and consultants to gain valuable insight on client needs and identify area for improvements of our product offering across the firm. This is a critical role of connector across the company and drive new innovative ideas for the growth of the North Asia business
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics
- CFA or MBA is a plus
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience within the financial sector, ideally in asset management
- Possess deep knowledge and industry experience working with institutional and retail distribution channels across Asia Pacific and investment management, capital markets, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives investing
- Excellent product knowledge and investment expertise gained in a product management/development role for an asset manager, insurer or a consulting firm with Asia Pacific coverage
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape in Asia Pacific
- Knowledge of distribution channels, strategy and capabilities, particularly in Asia Pacific and offshore fund markets is a plus
- Proven success in representing retail or institutional products and concepts to senior management and peers; viewed as a recognized expert among company leaders
- Ability to collaborate across global teams and drive projects
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to develop relationships with senior leaders, industry peers, current and prospective clients, and consultants with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Highly motivated, self-starter and ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to independently solve complex problems and strategize with senior leaders and colleagues to determine cost effective and revenue-generating solutions
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to lead others when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Mandarin as a second language is preferred.
- Travel required
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.