Our client is one of the big three credit rating agencies and they are currently looking for a Senior Country Risk Analyst to cover China (mainly) and North Asia region. As a top-ranked independent research provider, the ideal candidate is expected to become the SME on China and be able to contribute independently while mentoring a junior analyst.
- Help providing regular economic, political risk and financial market analysis.
- Act as analytical lead for a portfolio of major economies, forecasts and historical data.
- Write research notes on a daily basis, as well as contributing to monthly and quarterly analysis, producing both country-specific and thematic regional research
- Add analytical value on proprietary data sets.
- Work with sales to represent the team and deliver key views and forecasts during client engagements and at public events.
- Utilize research and data and bring commercial value to clients
- Be commercially minded and understand how research and data is used by our clients.
- Lead and guide junior analysts in the team
- Educational background in economics or related field.
- Relevant background working as a macroeconomic/ country risk analyst, with experience in publishing reports, articles and having good analysis mindset and skillset on macroeconomics event.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in economic analysis is required, with a focus on Asia (Ideally on China)
- Strong candidate who has been focused on a different region are also welcome to apply
- Excellent time management and able to adhere to publication deadlines.
- Confident public speaker.
- Strong writing skills, with experience conveying complex views in a concise and straightforward manner.
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets and forecast across key macroeconomic indicators.
- Familiarity analysing connections between political and macroeconomic risk.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Mandarin language skills a plus
- Able to lead while contribute independently
*We encourage you to apply first even if you think you're either "overqualified" or "underqualified", we might have other suitable positions for you in the future.