Description CME FX
CME Listed FX Business, including Listed FX Futures, Listed FX Options and FX Link, is the largest centralized venue for G7 FX and a major FX primary market. Along with the EBS suite of products, CME is in a unique position to offer a suite of cash and listed FX products across different trading modalities and generating efficiencies to the marketplace Role Overview
This role will help shape and execute the overall strategy and objectives of the Listed FX Futures business at CME in APAC as well as looking for potential efficiencies for aligning the offering alongside the regional cash FX business. The candidate will work on managing the businesses product development initiatives; with a focus on the core Listed FX product offering, new products, enhancements to existing products, credit and capital management, liquidity and market maker relationships, intermediary coverage as well as continuously enhancing the client value proposition and maximizing revenues. The Senior Director will be reporting into the MD Head of FX Products in London. Principal Accountabilities:
- Build and innovate the business and increase volumes and revenue for Listed FX in APAC by working as a partner with our diverse and growing customer base. Deliver product, account management and support that benefit the entire market with reliability, integrity and transparency.
- Drive the Listed FX APAC strategy and business plans with a focus on delivering a premium and market leading trading platform to the customer base in order to create value and improve the customer trading experience from execution to settlement and clearing. Offer regional support and delivery for new Global initiatives and product launches for the business
- Assume ownership of locally relevant initiatives such as CNH and APAC currencies. Manage and execute the Emerging Markets and New Currencies product sectors for Listed FX business line
- Define and drive joint APAC initiatives across CME's FX platform- encompassing Listed FX and cash FX (EBS) offerings
- Collaborate and effectively align with all other divisions within CME including Client Development and Sales, Marketing, Communications, Finance, retail, Education, Government Relations and Legal in order to achieve FX business goals and objectives.
- Key contributor to the management, strategy, and positioning of the Listed FX business in APAC
- Represent Listed FX with customers, vendors, retail broking platforms, and senior leadership in APAC.
- Providing thought leadership to the industry, asset classes, and markets. Articulating the value and impact CME's Listed FX franchise has on the global economy to external audiences (senior executive clients, media, trade groups, and investors) in the region
- Manage relationships with key liquidity providers, brokers, and major customers to support the growth of Listed FX business at CME in APAC
- Focus on enhancing existing products, where applicable developing new products and changes to operations of marketplace
- Assist in understanding and reacting to the market structure; monitoring the competitive landscape; protecting and growing our core business; developing differentiators that produce innovation and unique offerings.
- Identifying and evaluating potential partnerships, strategic alliances, acquisitions, and opportunities that create competitive advantage and advance the Listed FX business line strategy across APAC
- Support MD Head of FX and teams in other regions on key strategic initiatives by sharing regional perspective, client validation and domain expertise
- Strong knowledge of FX markets, CME, and Listed products
- Experience of working with technology teams, project management and variety of internal stakeholder's desirable
- Deep understanding of changing market structure and landscape with a desire to influence and impact change.
- Operational understanding of how banks, hedge funds, high frequency trading firms or platform providers utilize electronic trading platforms to optimize their businesses and adapt to meet the changing financial landscape.
- Proven success developing and executing business strategies to deliver planned revenue and profitability targets.
- Prior experience in leading, managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Understanding of risk/compliance, technology/platforms, macro/micro landscape, cash markets.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative subject required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.