Senior Experience Designer (UX) - Experience Design Department, Group Customer Experience,
Are you able to see big picture opportunities across multiple platforms and touchpoints?
As a senior member of OCBC Experience Design team, you will be responsible for driving and shaping digital solutions and experiences for our customers. You will go beyond pixels, because your craft is matched only by your ability to influence and persuasively communicate your design intent and strategy. From pioneering new features to creating high fidelity prototypes for customer testing, you will lead and collaborate with various teams across every stage of product development. You are detail oriented and forward thinking, but have the experience and common sense to make strategic design decisions under demanding time constraints.
Join a passionate, multi-talented design team, within a highly collaborative and supportive environment to create in-depth end-to-end financial journeys for personal and business banking customers. The team has been acknowledged as Asia's Top Design Practice at the Singapore Design Awards and has amassed multiple SG Good Design Mark awards since 2014. This is a high-impact and internally-visible role that will positively influence customer experience with the OCBC Bank Group. What you'll be doing
- Build relationships remotely (for now) and collaborate with product management, tech development and external agency teams to solve large problems and prioritise workflows for teams to be able to ship value incrementally;
- Bring to life and present design solutions or vision to stakeholders and key executives;
- Own the entire product development process. Be responsible for design quality from concept to development to User Acceptance Testing phase;
- Inspire teammates. Mentor and evangelise interaction best practices and design/system thinking throughout the organization;
- Facilitate discussions to understand goals, business/industry requirements and technical constraints. Unpack complex financial flows and translate "problems" into understandable, intuitive and reusable design solutions;
- Plan, conduct or observe customer interviews and synthesis sessions. Ensure design solutions are grounded in customer insight and behaviour;
- Learn about customer pain points, define solution hypothesis and be willing to create multi-fidelity prototypes, wireframes or mockups for testing;
- Deliver design assets to create understanding and alignment throughout the product discovery and development process;
- Govern the design system. Rationalise design decisions.
*LI-MLIU Qualifications You'll succeed because
- You have spent at least 8 years designing sophisticated and elegant consumer digital solutions. Bonus points if you have experience with complex user flows from investment, e-commerce or reservation/booking mobile applications;
- You have excellent interpersonal and communications skills because you understand that the end product is only as good as the collaboration between the design, product and engineering teams. You recognise the power of a good story;
- You have honed your design intuition and empathy to customers. It shows because you have a solid track record of shipping digital or mobile applications that balances customer insights and business needs with measurable results;
- Your work exhibits a strong grasp of design and systems thinking. You methodically break down problems and understand constraints before approaching solutions;
- You have experience working with and contributing to a component-based design system and documenting front-end requirements;
- Your skills with prototyping tools, combined with the ability to balance fidelity vs speed, lets you iterate designs between customer testing sessions;
- You can work autonomously, be self-driven and multitask across projects in different stages. You are quick to learn and adopt new industry standards and tools;
- You are constantly aware of design trends, best practices, innovation ideas and consumer behaviour in relevant industries;
- You exhibit grace under pressure and never let your designer's ego get in the way.