- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 09 nov. 17
Senior Tax Manager
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
An exciting opportunity is available in our Singapore Country Tax Team requires an experience Senior Tax Manager to assist in the overall tax risk management by ensuring that tax risk is identified, controlled and managed in accordance with SCB Group policy. Actively provide tax participation and support in projects and advisory to the Business and Functions in the Bank. You should be well versed in the Singapore tax environment having experience in managing external and internal tax reporting/compliance & advisory work for all direct and indirect taxes matters and be excited to explore ways in which you can manage tax requirements of the Bank efficiently and effectively with commercial solutions on a sound technical basis. Liaise with the Tax Authorities in respect of the local tax matters in a pragmatic approach.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
You will work collaboratively with different stakeholders across different businesses and functions of the Bank and
* Effectively manage tax risk
* Business tax advisory support
* Liaise with the Tax Authorities in respect of the tax matters of the Bank and Group subsidiaries in Singapore
* Timely renewal and reporting for tax incentives
* Ensure that tax liabilities are accurate and reported in compliance with relevant legislation and standards
* Ensure accurate and timely quarterly group tax reporting, tax forecasts of the group's effective tax rate and other reporting as required for Group reporting purposes
* Ensure tax returns are accurate and submitted to the tax authority in accordance with the statutory time lines
* To drive effective implementation of in-country procedures to ensure proper compliance with Singapore tax laws
* Keep abreast with legislative and regulatory changes and ensure that the businesses are informed of relevant changes.
* Provide training and education on tax matters
* Support in Transfer Pricing
* Provide support on ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives locally, regionally and globally
* Provide support/key person on tax related projects
Qualifications and Skills
You will need to have
* Degree in Accounting & Finance or any equivalent degree
* Strong tax compliance background, including tax accounting
* Resourceful, proactive, self-driven, self-motivated and passionate about tax
* Able to work in a fast-driven and dynamic work environment
* Ability to meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Analytical mindset and able to combine tax legislation and business needs
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
* At least 10 to 12 years' experience in Big 4 and/or commercial
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 08/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.