GFI is an international IT services company, currently employing about 15,000 people Worldwide. GFI provides its clients with innovative, long-lasting industrial solutions to leverage performance from their information systems. We design and runs industrial platforms tailored to the economic and human considerations of its clients. • European benchmark company for digital services, • Operating over 16 countries, • 2016 revenue of over 1,2 billion USD • 46 years of existence.
The solution architect will contribute to a strategic project aiming at the implementation of a new Wealth Management site with the deployment of existing WM systems in order to build the IT platform required to start private banking activities.
Within the project core team, the main mission will be to coordinate solutions architecture from design phase to execution in compliance with bank architecture standards, regulatory and security requirements, lead initiatives to identify architectural improvements and drive IT platform set-up.
Role and responsabilities:
- Contribute to the technical design phase in order to prepare architecture documentation that will be presented / validated during architecture committees.
- Work with Strategy & Architecture team to align solutions with standard architecture.
- Support project teams by ensuring that solutions architecture validated are applied during project execution.
- Maintain strong working relationships with keys stakeholders teams: infrastructure, development teams, business analyst, security, etc.
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation of the IT platforms (Dev, SIT, Prod).
- Work closely with infrastructure and systems owners teams to coordinate systems integration.
- Escalate potential risks impacting scope, timeline, cost, etc. to the project manager and/or stakeholders as appropriate.
- Min 8 years of experience in IT & Architecture: designing, building and improving architectures in complex environments with multiple systems.
- Strong experience conducting design reviews and challenging existing thinking.
- Knowledge and / or previous experience with application frameworks and packages (if possible on Java, Oracle database and AS400/DB2 technologies).
- Minimum 4 years of experience as developer/tech lead.
- Knowledge of software development processes (release management, continuous integration, test automation, etc.).
- Knowledge of banking domain is a plus but open to candidates from non-financial services background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Proactive, positive attitude and desire to work as a team and help project team to achieve its objectives.