- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 nov. 17
Specialist, Client Tax Information
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
1. Risk Framework and Monitoring
- Support the Director, CTIC - Retail Individuals, Private Banking, and Wealth Management in ensuring appropriate client tax compliance advice, training, risk assessment and monitoring is delivered to Group staff in all relevant jurisdictions.
- Act as the principal client tax compliance resource in support of the Group's CDD client tax remediation process and provide relevant advice to colleagues undertaking the CDD remediation work.
- Ensure Group Client tax compliance policies, procedures and standards are effectively implemented and executed through the regional compliance teams for all relevant regulations: FATCA, CRS, QI, and Canadian Tax.
- Provide support to senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with client taxation policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice and dissemination of evolving legal and regulatory changes/practices related to client taxation compliance across the Asia and proactive engagement in regulatory reform
- Support the Director, CTIC - Retail Individuals, Private Banking, and Wealth Management to establish and maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address client tax compliance risks are effectively implemented across Group business teams throughout the region via early socialization with stakeholders in procedure design/parameters, ratification by appropriate committees, and ensure corresponding appropriate communication and training across footprint.
- Support the Director, CTIC - Retail Individuals, Private Banking, and Wealth Management to provide reports to relevant risk and control committees, and senior management on key and compliance risks and issues.
- Assist as needed Group/Country governance and Group/Country compliance heads in maintaining appropriate relationships with key regulators, in particular in connection with client tax compliance related expertise and controls
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years experience in the banking industry.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver training where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity required.
- Leadership and management skills. Leadership qualities as evidenced by strong peer recognition, industry recognition and/or regulatory recognition. Demonstrated success in the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks across a geographically dispersed, complex product and highly varied customer and stakeholder base.
- Ability to identify and assess risk, monitor and test established process controls and reporting outcomes in a timely manner.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Personal authority with ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction to colleagues and staff in relevant business groups.
- Project management and/or business analysis experience
- Experience in legal, compliance and regulatory risk management.
- Knowledge in the areas of products and procedures for Wealth Management, Private and Retail Banking segments.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to the Group's key business with ability to analyse the same and co-relate regulatory issues to products and business models.
- Track record of good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal, regulatory and reputational risks Sound judgement on business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.