- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 02 oct. 17
Trade Operation Officer
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Please view Job Description for details.JOB DESCRIPTION
WHOLESALE BANK OPERATIONS
Trade Services Centre, Singapore
JOB TITLE Trade Ops Officer
REPORTS TO (DIRECT) Senior Manager
REPORTS TO (INDIRECT) Head of Trade Operations, Singapore
1) Trade Operations:
a) To pre-process / monitor various trade transactions are processed in accordance with the applicable procedures and within agreed service standards .
b) Ensure compliance to operational instructions laid down by the Bank.
c) Good control on operational / transactional risks and operating cost.
d) Assist Senior Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations.
e) Contribution to future strategic direction and processing innovation.
2) KCSA Responsible Person:
a) To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
b) Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Trade Operations :
a) Pre-process & verify trade transactions according to the individual delegated authority, laid down procedures and standard of service.
b) Understand fully the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- offered to customers
- signed between the Country Processing Centre (CPC) and Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC), giving full support to achieving it.
- agreed turnaround time for scanning documents to GSSC
c) To ensure all trade transactions are accurately processed ( by GSSC ) / verified in accordance with the customers' instructions and according to the bank's operational instructions, procedures and policies and neither the customer nor the Bank is at risk.
d) To maintain all quality standards to ensure customers total needs are met and that continued effort is made to exceed the customers expectations.
e) Monitor morale and constantly motivate supporting staff to ensure optimum level of productivity
and service standards are achieved.
f) Understand the risks associated with Products Processing and ensure that they are minimized.
g) Ensure full awareness of the responsibilities for
- Trade Policies
- Group Policies relating to Operations matters
- Legal & Compliance
- Operational Risk management
- Money Laundering Prevention / Countering the Financing of Terrorism
- Sanction measures
and timely escalation of control failures based on the procedures laid down in the
Escalation Policy accordingly
h) Maintain good internal & external customer relationship by responding promptly, accurately and courteously to enquiries, or request for advice relative to new or outstanding transactions.
i) To provide ad hoc support to Senior Manager for special assignments (e.g. Country / Group
projects or initiatives).
j) To provide support across the units relative to guidance for transaction processing and training
of existing staff / new joiners in handling different products.
k) To release the alerts in SCSTAR diligently and to escalate true alerts immediately in accordance to the laid down procedures
2) KCSA Responsible Person :
a) To report Unit's OR issues and losses to UORM
b) To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring
plans for Operational Risk Management
c) To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and timely submission of review
d) To identify and report
- all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
e) To maintain
- proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing
sample of self-performed transactions
1) Trade Operations :
a) Achieve the required standards for volumes of work and service turnaround timing
b) Maintain quality of work with zero defects :-
o Minimal customers' complaints
o Minimal operational loss to the Bank.
c) Maximise productivity of resources available by multi-skilling the team members
d) Product processing costs
2) KCSA Responsible Person :
a) No overdue KCSA
b) Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
c) No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of KCSA and record keeping
d) Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions.
Qualifications and Skills
KEY RELATIONSHIPS FOR Internal and External
* Various in-country and cross-border Wholesale Bank functions, including sales, product management, and customer services
* Consumer Banking units
* Service Quality
* Audit and Investigations
* Business Technology Solutions
* Information Technology
* Other Operations Functions
* Other Functions (HR, Finance, Legal & Compliance)
* Inspection / Audit
* Trade industry
* Trade industry counterparts
* Senior Management & operational level of Wholesale Bank / SME customers
* Bank auditors
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.