Unix DevOps Engineer
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , Numéro de Licence EA : 03C5451
- 25 mai 18 2018-05-25
A Unix DevOps Engineer job has just been made available at a leading bank based in Singapore.
About the Unix DevOps Engineer Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for functioning along a DevOps methodology and controlling all hardware and operating system configuration, as well as solving different Linux engineering, architecture, and operating problems. (this is not a traditional Linux System Admin opportunity)
- Respond and resolve UNIX/Linux support requests and issues while monitoring infrastructure using provided monitoring tools like Nagios, Geneos, Tivoli, Ganglia
- Provide on-site weekday and weekend support in relation to a follow-the-sun support model while working closely with related infrastructure and application team
- Manage production support issues from start to finish and this includes troubleshooting, providing short and long-term solutions and root cause analysis
- Champion continuous process improvement, performance management, and metrics-driven results
- Escalate issues to vendor support / provide root cause / incident reports
The successful Unix DevOps Engineer will need to have more than eight years' experience in system administration supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 6/7) in a large-scale (1500+ servers) highly-available environment.
- Strong knowledge of Dev Ops, Linux Administration, Application Support, Service Delivery and Client management
- Excellent programming skills (Python, Bash, Perl, Korn Shell Ansible and Chef) with good experience working in a heavily-automated environment
- Able to provide technical leadership and guidance to staff and other business partners to promote operational excellence
- Well-versed in supporting the infrastructure for application, database (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgres, Vertica) and web servers (Apache) and experience with HP DL and DELL hardware models
- Good working knowledge of or experience in networking concepts and technologies (Solarflare, Mellanox is a bonus), as well as using Fibre Attached Storage, Multipathing, Linux LVM - including setup, maintenance and troubleshooting
This leading bank has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and promotes from within - career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a talented and focused Unix DevOps Engineer seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1762884 Sheryn Loh