VP, Legal Counsel, Global Transaction Services (GTS) Support, Group Legal
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 nov. 17 2017-11-17
See job description for details
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
The role is to provide legal support and coverage for GTS. GTS comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services. In particular, the role will primarily provide in-depth exposure to the Cash business of GTS but with future opportunities to extend product coverage beyond Cash business. The candidate will be expected to work closely with the existing legal team and GTS business partners. In addition, there will be opportunities to work with counterparts and business partners regionally outside Singapore where there are similar lines of business.
• Develop guidelines and processes for deviation from the Bank’s standard terms and conditions
• Provide timely and sensible legal and regulatory advice to internal stakeholders including providing advice on cross- border and domestic requirements relating to the GTS business
• Undertake review and develop standard documentation with product managers to improve commerciality, consistency and simplicity
• Develop and streamline documentation, policies and processes
• Assist and complete negotiation of transactional documentation directly with clients within the agreed timeline.
• Implement tools to mitigate legal risks, review materials to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and provide thematic training to internal stakeholders
• Work and liaise with external legal counsel and other internal stakeholders (e.g. RM, Sales, Implementation Manager, Business Head, etc) on implementation of new products, new product approval documentation and in the review and negotiation of transaction documentation
• At least 7 years of relevant working experience preferably in the banking industry
• Professional qualifications in addition to a degree in law from a reputable university
• Experience and familiarity in handling documentation related to GTS products generally, and Cash products specifically. Familiarity with digital ecosystems and liquidity management structures will be added advantage.
• Good knowledge of banking and financial services laws and regulations, best practices, and understanding of institutional banking products. Knowledge of cross border regulatory and legal framework (particularly in DBS core markets) will be an added advantage.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills, ability to provide advice reflecting lateral thought and ability to work on multiple tasks, including running projects.
• Must be a self-starter with initiative, be a team player, customer focus, performance and results orientated, and have good attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.