VP / AVP, Big Data & Analytics – Senior Technical Development Manager, Core System Tech, Technology and Operations
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- DBS Bank Limited
- 16 janv. 18 2018-01-16
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- As the Senior Technical Development Manager, you are responsible for a development team in designing, writing, debugging and testing of Big Data & Analytics application enhancement
- Experience in Big Data and Analytics is a MUST.
- Understand and worked in AGILE development environment
- Ability to provide insights and guidance to the team with best software development practices and techniques.
- Ability to direct the team from concept, solution design to testing and implementation.
- Adhere to corporate standards, policies and architectural direction in developing the software
- Participate in requirements analysis, able to make risk assessments of larger system design and come up with alternative designs.
- Research in new 3rd party/open source libraries, new technologies.
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are delivered against a schedule with the highest quality.
- As part of the team, you will be called upon to design, estimate, develop, test and document the delivery over the entire lifecycle from inception to implementation.
- Working with architect, data modeller, business analyst and End Users within organization.
- Lead the team in the Development of Test Scenarios / Test Plan and to perform technical / functional testing to ensure requirements are well met
- Lead the team in conducting performance load testing and regression testing.
- Lead the team to perform analysis and troubleshooting of defects
- Responsible for mentoring junior developers.
- Qualified professional with a University degree or equivalent. Degree in Computing / Computer Science / Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in Financial Services industry with Enterprise application development and support experience
- Proven experience in functional analysis and design in the domain of Big Data and Analytics
- Proven experience as development team lead
- Experience in DevOps, Agile methodology and as Scrum Master preferred
- Analytical, solution oriented, and able to propose and follow through both transformational and incremental change
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work within the department, across the broader T&O department, with business partners and with vendors.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels, and both internally and externally. Concise and precise.
- Self-disciplined and motivated - Ability to work independently without much supervision
- A pro-active ‘can-do’ attitude. Ability to prioritize and self-manage time and tasks
- Solid core Java 8 hand-on experience, multi-threading exposure
- In-depth knowledge in Java, Hadoop, SPARK, Flume, R
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in Entreprise application development
- Candidate should be able to do deployments and configuring engines for best performance (Should have exposure to performance testing and fine-tuning application)
- Must be able to translate customer requirements and formulate detailed specifications from which programs are written
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.