DBS Group Research comprises of the Economics/Strategy, Equity and Credit research teams. Our Economics team consists of Economists covering currencies, interest rates, and economies of China/Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, ASEAN, Eurozone and US. Our Equity research has a network of analysts covering the Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Thailand and Korea stock markets.
One distinctive feature is our unrivalled access to a broad range of companies around the region. In Asia, we employ in excess of 60 analysts covering more than 600 stocks. Combining active bottom-up research with sectoral and macro/thematic analysis (in conjunction with Economics and Markets Research), the team has been able to consistently identify moneymaking investment and trading ideas that outperform the rest. Responsibilities:
- Provide credit research coverage on China/ Hong Kong USD Issuers
- Build and maintain financial models (company, industry, macro, bond universe)
- Publish research initiations and provide timely updates (at least semi-annually) on financial results/ corporate actions.
- Ideate, lead and publish Thematic Research pieces (Sectoral / Credit Rating / Structural)
- Market research insights to DBS clients, including High Net Worth and Institutional Investors and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate and support team with cross market/ capital structure (equities/credit) research pieces
- Bachelor's degree or above, preferably in Accounting/Finance/Economics or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' Credit or Equities Research / Fixed Income experience at Banks/Private Banks/Asset Management/ Hedge Funds/ International Credit Ratings Agency preferred
- Motivated team player, self-starter with strong client focus and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of China USD Bond Market necessary
- Experience working with bond market/corporate data on Bloomberg (including BQuant) / Excel necessary
- Knowledge of VBA Programing / High Yield & Distressed Analysis / Equities Analysis / Credit Ratings useful