We love data. And if you love data as much as we do, make a career in OCBC Bank where data really matters!
At OCBC Bank, Group Data Office is not merely a supporting function but a vital division of the business. Group Data Office helps the Bank make sound business decisions by analysing huge volumes of structured and unstructured data using the latest data science stack to uncover hidden patterns, discover unknown correlations and identify new opportunities. Using data and AI effectively is a combination of science and creativity, enabling us to work on many dynamic areas across the Bank. We analyse data and leverage AI to solve real business problems and drive significant value at large scale.
If you possess a big picture mindset, creativity, solid understanding of data, check out these opportunities and take the Bank to the next level of data and AI leadership. You'll join a passionate, skilled and diverse team working on interesting use cases across all aspects of our business. OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE:
- Working within the Group Data Office CoE, you will partner with key business units to leverage huge volumes of Structured and Unstructured data to solve real business problems across the OCBC Group to increase revenues and deliver a great customer experience, improved productivity and reduce risk.
- You will act as a Product Manager for Consumer Financial Services to understand their problem statements & proactively identify opportunities for Data Science and Analytics techniques to improve our services.
- You will then lead cross-functional squads of data analysts, engineers, and scientists to deploy production solutions to deliver business impact.
- We believe that variety is good. You'll get the chance to work on a wide range of Use Cases across the business covering areas such as Personalisation, Sales & Marketing, Conversational AI, Credit Risk, Anti-Money Laundering and Fraud Detection - but going deep on a specific area where necessary.
- Own the relationship with key business leaders across OCBC Group to identify & prioritise opportunities for leveraging big data and Data Science to drive value for our customers and business.
- Be a thought leader, proactively bringing forward ideas for how data & AI can help bring your business units to the next level.
- Be the bridge between Data, Business, and IT teams to ensure a common understanding of the analytics roadmap and key analytics projects.
- Act as product manager on key analytics projects, leading the delivery through agile squads of data engineers, scientists, and business users to deliver our analytics projects at speed and at scale.
- Develop & execute analytics project plans - managing timelines, requirements, risks, and issues
- Actively measure analytics value by defining, tracking, and communicating project benefits to senior stakeholders.
- Use Data Storytelling to convince business stakeholders to act on analytical insights.
*LI-WS Qualifications REQUIREMENTS: Specific Knowledge:
Communication & Soft Skills:
- 5 years+ of project management, consulting, business development or product management.
- Strong knowledge of key Analytics principles & techniques.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying customer pain points & using data to develop solutions to address challenges & capture opportunities.
- Experience of delivering significant projects using Agile methodologies
- Knowledge or work experience in financial services domain preferred - ideally with knowledge of Corporate Banking / Group Treasury functions
- Creativity to see possibilities within the data & translate into compelling stories, decisions, and recommendations for non-technical business users.
- Strong communication skills and drive to deliver business benefits in the real-world.
- Ability to build enduring relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Energetic personality with an innovative, self-starting spirit.