eDiscovery Counsel APAC
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
- 24 nov. 17
Hong Kong, Singapore
Are you eager to expand your eDiscovery expertise within a team of legal and technology experts who are developing global and regional policies, procedures and practices for effective and defensible data handling within an international bank?
We are looking for someone to:
• work with the Regional eDiscovery team to manage the day-to-day operations to ensure defensible and cost-effective delivery of eDiscovery services as they relate to the preservation, collection, search, review and production of data for Legal and Compliance matters, and to advise on appropriate eDiscovery strategies in compliance with relevant policies, laws and regulations, as well as data privacy and security
• assist with the development, implementation and oversight of process improvements relating to eDiscovery
• collaborate with other eDiscovery team members within the Region and globally to ensure alignment of processes and effective and consistent delivery of eDiscovery services, and with business partners to ensure projects and initiatives are compliant with UBS policies, legal, regulatory and business requirements
• track and report relevant metrics, and assist in the development of standardized budgeting calculators and methodologies
• support Regional and Global project leads in the development and implementation of initiatives to meet existing and future demands
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
The Office of eDiscovery Counsel advises Legal and Compliance groups on eDiscovery issues in connection with litigation, investigations, and regulatory inquiries. We also assist with the development and implementation of sponsored eDiscovery initiatives within the Region and globally. The docket within the APAC region is significant in scope, size and importance, and can extend globally. As such, our team works collaboratively with other business partners to ensure consistent and effective strategies are employed, such as in-house and outside counsel, compliance officers, privacy and security specialists, information governance and technology partners, and external service providers.
Your experience and skills
• a degree from an accredited law school and current bar admission (HK, Singapore or other common law jurisdiction)
• a minimum of three years of experience specializing in eDiscovery at a top tier law firm or fortune 500 corporation, or a minimum of seven years of experience with the interest and willingness to learn eDiscovery
• deep understanding of current eDiscovery jurisprudence, eDiscovery processes, and current and evolving eDiscovery technologies
• strong understanding of eDiscovery practices and the interrelation with other disciplines, including Information Governance, Data Privacy, Data Security, IT, eCompliance
• able to manage multiple projects, and to identify and escalate as necessary improvements to policies and procedures
• detail-oriented, analytical, self-motivated, collaborative, and have strong written and verbal communication skills
• well-versed in eDiscovery tools and in Microsoft Office applications
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.