- Berne, Bern, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 10 nov. 17
POSITION AVAILABLE (80-100%)
A Swiss investment manager that invests in emerging markets private equity funds and financial institutions, is seeking a Legal Officer to work out of its Bern office to commence in Q1 2018.
- Take a lead role in the review, analysis and mark up of investment-related contractual material to maximize Obviam clients’ interests (mostly Private Equity fund & Financial Institution lending agreements).
- Take a lead role on all Swiss and relevant foreign regulatory aspects, monitor and maintain compliance with all regulations that affect Obviam’s investment activities.
- Take a lead role in ensuring compliance with Obviam’s key contractual obligations with clients and business partners, as well as with internal regulations and processes.
- Review aspects related to tax structuring and compliance of Obviam’s investment projects.
- Review any relevant Swiss law matter.
- Review legal matters related to the management of Obviam’s investment portfolio, and where time permits, manage transactions related to unwinding portfolio exposures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with legal teams of co-investors and participate in working groups where needed.
- Law degree from a Swiss university.
- Investment transaction experience in Private Equity fund transactions and/or Financial Institution lending.
- Solid understanding of the regulatory framework applicable to Swiss investment managers, both nationally and internationally.
- Work experience in similar role.
- Perfect written and spoken English, fluent in at least one Swiss national language.
Other selection criteria
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as sound business judgment to identify issues and present practical solutions.
- Team player yet autonomous.
- Solid understanding of Swiss public sector and relevant transaction experience.
- Experience in the area of impact investing, responsible investments and ESG standards (an asset).
- Relevant academic experience (PhD in related field an asset).
Entry date: H1 2018
Please send c.v. and one page motivation letter by e-mail to:
Bubenbergplatz 11, 3011 Bern, Switzerland
Phone + 41 31 310 09 30