Credit Analyst - Asset Management - Buy Side
- competitive salary
- Genève, Suisse Genève Genève CH
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Finders SA
- 21 mars 18 2018-03-21
"Exciting opportunity for a mid-level leveraged finance buy-side buy-side credit analyst to join a long-established and leading boutique asset manager in Geneva"
This is a client that Finders know very well and have been the main headhunter assisting this company with new staff as they grow, giving candidates peace of mind when applying to this job via Finders.
A leading, global boutique in their field. A very well-established and growing asset manager specializing primarily in subordinated debt of corporates and financial institutions with offices in Geneva, Switzerland and London is seeking an experienced, young Credit Analyst to join its Geneva-based team. They are a market leader in this field and have many award-winning funds. By virtue of being part of a small team, able to make a meaningful impact and contribution to the investment activities of the firm.
With a "bottom-up approach", this is a new position of credit analyst on the buy-side, working closely with another experienced credit analyst as well as with the 2 fund managers. Your role will be primarily to provide support on the buy-side for the fixed income work, in order to support the Investment Committee as well as 2 fund managers.
The role will involve, but not limited to:
- Monitor the credit quality of existing investments
- Conduct research and credit analysis of issuers of bonds primarily in the finance and insurance sector, as well as emerging economies
- Undertake in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis as to the credit worthiness of an issuer
- Perform in-depth qualitative analysis of a bond in accordance to its prospectus
- Relative value analysis of a bond within an issuer’s capital structure and against its peers
- Preparing and communicating recommendations and findings to the investment committee and fund managers
- Research new investment opportunities
- Participate in calls/presentations/meetings and roadshows
- Around 4-8 years’ experience as a credit analyst within asset management, ideally from the buy side - for a financial institutions group
- Those with debt capital markets, high yield or leveraged buy-out background instead will also be considered relevant profiles as well as those from sell-side origination
- Strong relative value, fundamental analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills -able to understand business models and legal emission documents as well as analyse reports
- Team oriented with excellent communication skills - able to explain and defend
- Deep understanding of a company’s capital structure
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time is critical
- PC proficiency with strong excel, Bloomberg and internet research skills required
- Able to adapt or fit into a small, flat structure
- Fluent English and French. German a plus but not a must
- European, Swiss or British passport holders only for work permit regulations
- Compelling reasons for wanting to move to the Geneva area, Switzerland (no frontalier please)