Global Custody Product Specialist
- Genève, Suisse
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 10 nov. 17 2017-11-10
The Global Custody team provides Global Custody and Investment Services to UHNWI and Family offices. These services include Global Custody, Investment Administration & Asset-Financing
- Grow the Global Custody AUC in PBRS and PBLU by 1- marketing the existing capability to the RM, ICs and Product Specialists' population; 2- Driving the marketing efforts within the target clients and prospects' universe
- Bring additional revenues to GPB by marketing ancillary trading and lending services
- Introduce GPB Global Custody clients to GBM for trading purposes when relevant
- Ensure smooth client services to existing clients by managing the Global Custody Support team
- Maintain and further develop the Global Custody Pitch Book and drive the marketing efforts internally and externally
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders such as HSS, RM & IC population, HOST, Legal, Compliance and Risk to ensure smooth on-boarding and client services to clients and enhance the existing proposition based on client's needs
Customers / Stakeholders
- Internal stakeholders include:
- Relationship Managers, Desk Heads, Market Heads
- Investment counsellors, Product Heads and Product Specialists
- Credit Advisors
- Clients and prospects
- HSS GPB Relationship Manager, Client Services team, HSBCnet team
Leadership & Teamwork
- With the Front Office population
- With the ISPS teams, Investment counsellors, Product Specialists,
- With the Credit Advisory team
- With the various booking centres
- With HSS stakeholders
- With GBM Trading and SEF teams
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that the Global Custody Proposition is managed in line with the Conduct principles
- Ensure that the Global Custody proposition follows the required regulatory, compliance, tax requirements
- Ensure that the marketing of the proposition is done in line with SQS requirements
- Minimize operational losses through a tight management of the client service team and tight working relationship with HSS teams
- Work closely with other Bank Departments to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Marketing of a brand new proposition which requires training of all internal stake-holders
- Enhancing the existing proposition, working closely with HSS to meet clients' requirements and building the required level of integration of the proposition within PBRS and PBLU
- Coordinating between Front Office, ISPS and HSS; on-boarding new clients while servicing and existing clients
- Understanding of the existing GPB-HSS proposition for Global Custody and Investment Services
- Understanding of the broader HSS and GLCM proposition for Global Custody and Investment Services
- Understanding of clients' and business needs in the Global Custody space
- Understanding of full operational processes and holistic client needs in relation to trading, financing and custody
- Ability to identify clients potentially requiring a Global Custody set-up
- Management of stakeholders across GPB and in HSS
- Management and communication skills
- Efficient partnership with senior management as well as Global Businesses
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenarios associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenarios associated with my role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager.
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.