- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 18 juin 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Join our Technology function in Edinburgh as an Application Architect for ServiceNow
- Joining a growing and highly motivated team, you'll provide consultative leadership relating to ServiceNow - a cloud based workflow strategic toolset
- We'll look to you to help set the platform's strategic direction, keeping strategic documentation up to date and making sure our future projects align to the strategy
- Your work will ensure the ServiceNow platform's capabilities are aligned to wider business strategy and to the ServiceNow roadmap
- You'll be based in our Gogarburn campus, and will join a culture which embraces wellbeing
What you'll do
You'll create and maintain a detailed view of our existing architecture, making sure that all proposed designs are supported and compliant with relevant regulations. Working closely with the Platform Support team, you'll implement technical practices, policies and procedures, and will provide architectural control and analyse the impacts of new requirements.
- Identify opportunities to combine similar solution needs, and provide technical leadership to the Platform Support team when implementing new requirements
- Contribute to effective governance processes
- Keep abreast of new developments related to ServiceNow products, and to applicable integrated technologies
- Work with RBS data architects to ensure that data held within ServiceNow is formally recognised as the 'golden source'
The skills you'll need
You'll need detailed knowledge of ServiceNow and related design solutions. Along with a background in financial services and experience in a highly regulated environment, you'll have experience and thorough understanding of defining application and data architectures which meet business demands. You'll also understand system integration best practice and controls, and will have excellent operational process management expertise. You'll ideally be ITIL Manager accredited, and will have completed ITIL Foundation as a minimum.
Your specialist technical expertise will also include:
- Experience of defining and running architecture governance processes, and of shaping and communicating architectural strategy
- Extensive experience of developing, syndicating and communicating initial business cases and cases for action
- An understanding of good development and testing practices
- Experience of Scaled Agile Framework methodologies, and a broad knowledge of business practices, processes and tools
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.