- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
Associate - Quality Assurance Engineer
Lieu de travail : Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- Write and execute manual and automated tests
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects
- Analyse the results of tests of that you have performed and provide meaningful reports to project team
- Maintain software testing artefacts e.g. Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Evidence, Test Cases
- Work with other testers and key stakeholders to ensure coverage for each software release.
- Work closely with Developers, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Project Managers
- Assist with the analysis of story level requirements
- Use queries to create test data and analyse results
- Aim to meet release dates as agreed, raising risks that impact the dates or quality of the delivery in a timely manner through the appropriate channels - escalating them if appropriate
- Ensure that the Test Strategy is implemented as required to deliver objectives that are agreed
- Ensure Test objectives are communicated, planned for and added to releases where possible including investigation and automation time
- Ensure time for training is incorporated into Release schedule
- Encourage and support the definition and adherence to the teams playbook
- Ensure that your available capacity is clear and communicated to relevant PMO and Stream lead on a regular basis
- Visual Studio, Git, SVN, SQL Management Studio
- Team City, Octopus
- CA Central (Rally)
The ERS - Insurance Software Engineering team in Edinburgh is a part of the global ERS - Insurance Team.
The team works closely with the product development team to deliver solutions to our clients i n the insurance industry.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an Agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build, Integration, and Test etc.
- Experience in testing web based and/or desktop applications and Cloud services
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently or lead QA on a project
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work well within a team and challenge the status quo
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Strong understanding of the QA processes and all stages of the SDLC
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Ability to investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause and provide a reliable method for reproducing it
- Relevant QA experience
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- Strong Mathematical background
- Scripting experience particularly C# and/or typescript
- Strong web test automation experience using Selenium and/or Protractor
- Strong understanding of QA testing tools and environments
- Knowledge of a wide range of QA methodologies
- Database Testing skill
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.