Front-End Web Developer
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 24 juin 18 2018-06-24
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh in the role of Front-End Web Developer
- We're looking for outstanding developers to join us in this exciting and full-time role
- You'll be able to make your mark in this innovative area of our bank, achieving excellent visibility and genuine career opportunities to progress
What you'll do
As a Front-end web developer, you'll proactively drive and enhance our portfolio of web applications and performance insights. This will involve working closely with designers to produce wire-frames and high fidelity mock-ups, building front-ends alongside our data engineers, undertaking automated code-quality assessment, and engaging with stakeholders and end users. You'll design, develop and deliver technical solutions, keeping the customer experience at the forefront of your actions.
As well as this, you'll:
- Identify and mitigate any potential risks that exist within your business area
- Build relationships to ensure a joined up approach across your team
- Stay abreast of technological advancements, and continue to build your skills
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience providing technical leadership using web technologies to build front-ends. Along with an understanding of high quality user experiences that delight your users, you'll have a passion for technology and a particular focus on the customer experience. With strong people and communication skills you'll work well in a team, and you'll be motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Your technical skills and experience will include:
- An understanding of OO principles and code design
- An understanding of Bootstrap, HTML, CSS and responsive design
- Experience with C# and MVC (beneficial not essential)
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.