- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni Édimbourg Ecosse GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 mai 18 2018-05-23
See job description for details
We're looking for a Lead Engineer to join us in Manchester or Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity for you to join one of the top three lenders in the Home Buying market at an exciting time of transformation
- You'll be employing new technologies helping us to make our service faster, more automated and customer centric
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be leading the technical delivery of a software engineering team, managing solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making. You'll be responsible for the work quality of the software engineering team, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all services output.
You'll also be:
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
- Supporting and mentoring the team in their understanding of software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principals, processes and best practises
- Driving a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand objectives, requirements and options
The skills you'll need
You'll need strong development experience, with a broad range of technologies, particularly focused around front to back solutions. You'll also need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture.
You'll also need:
- Experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team
- Experience of using industry recognised frameworks and developing tooling
- Knowledge of key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- The ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.