- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 19 janv. 18
Product Manager - Economic Scenario Generator
Lieu de travail : Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-UniT his is an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in development of Moody's Analytics' market leading Economic Scenario Generator (ESG). Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and a growing presence in Asia and North America.
The role may suit candidates with strong technical backgrounds who have an interest in developing their business and commercial skills. The role offers an interesting mix of technical work - working with our quantitative analysts to develop cutting edge stochastic models - with a range of broader activities including client work, planning and commercial strategy.
The Product Management Analyst will work closely with product managers, quantitative research analysts, software engineers and customer relationship managers to help develop our ESG and scenario generation product offerings. In doing so they will be involved in engaging with clients to understand the issues they face and will work closely with the product development teams in building new product versions, this includes:
- Working directly with clients and internal teams to understand clients' scenario generation requirements and using this information to define future product strategy.
- Working with the research and engineering teams to plan new software version releases.
- Working with software engineering and quantitative research teams to define, specify and develop new product requirements and features, such as new ESG models, calibration tools or automation tools.
- Working with product managers to define long-term product roadmaps and commercial strategy including product structure, pricing, sales approach and marketing materials.
- Support clients and our implementation services teams through product deployments, implementations and advisory work.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and training about new products and features to clients and other teams within Moody's Analytics.
- Supporting the sales teams and processes by providing product knowledge and expertise.
The insurance product management team play a critical role in managing Moody's Analytics' insurance products and services delivered around the world. This vacancy is for a role working on the highly successful Moody's Analytics ESG and associated Scenario Generation product suite. Our ESG is used by over 140 financial institutions around the world with dominant market share in the UK and Europe and growing presence in Asia and North America.
- A good first degree in a numerical discipline, for example: mathematics, physics, actuarial science or finance.
- In addition, the candidate should have either:
- A post-graduate (MSc or PhD) qualification in a numerical discipline, or
- Progress towards a relevant professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA or similar.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Use of using economic scenarios or ESG software, in either a life office or general insurance environment.
- Involvement in actuarial reporting or regulatory submission processes such as Solvency II, Embedded value/MCEV reporting, ICA or similar.
- Knowledge of financial mathematics and stochastic modelling .
- Experience of working in a project-based role (particularly using Agile methods) would be advantageous.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.