- Lieu de travail : Belfast, Irlande du Nord, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Not Specified
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Although not a household name, State Street is one of the world’s largest and most important financial services institutions, providing round-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day, and are the world’s third largest investment manager with over
Although not a household name, State Street is one of the world’s largest and most important financial services institutions, providing round-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day, and are the world’s third largest investment manager with over $2.8 trillion in assets under management. To do this we manage as much data as one of the internet giants on nearly as large a technical footprint.
In January 2018, we launched one of the industry’s largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new bank from the ground up. This project isn’t greenfield in the way most banks claim projects are; we’ve started with a blank sheet of paper both operationally and technically. We’re using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: aggressive use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, pushing out microservices into what will be one of the largest Kubernetes installations in the world, leveraging immutable storage to process and store hundreds of terabytes of data a day, transforming our industry through application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, aggressively participating in open source communities driving our systems.
This isn’t a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your technical skills with people more comfortable in a technology firm than an investment bank, but solving real problems that affect anyone with any form of savings worldwide (not just trying to get people to click on ads). We don’t expect you to wear a suit, we don’t expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you’re working on, and we don’t expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
This role is for the technology team that is in charge of our UI framework. The team will be in charge of building a modular UI framework for State Street, and setting up a foundation for other applications to build modules on:
- We evaluate the latest in web technologies
- We build a modular responsive platform for all web applications
- We develop a library of generic responsive components
- We create base framework classes that abstract complexity from application developers
- We provide standard CI/CD pipelines for web applications
- We develop application archetypes and training materials and actively assist in helping application developers make the best use of this platform
- We set policy and provide infrastructure for our new style of working, treating a Mac in a Starbucks the same as a desktop in a State Street office
- We are a geographically distributed team, including with fully remote workers
- We do all this in a true devops fashion with agile infrastructure and a follow-the-sun mandate
We are looking for energetic, hands-on, strong UI engineers with proven experience building enterprise responsive web applications.
- You will work with other members of your team to evaluate the latest in web technologies.
- You will help design and develop a responsive platform application and implement a common library of generic responsive components.
- You will assist other application teams with migrating their existing application to the new platform.
- You will help identify, maintain, code review and enhance reusable components and assist other teams in adopting a collaborative approach to building applications.
- You will work with other members of your team to investigate feature requests, performed detailed analysis and specification (where required), implement, and test new functionality
- You will support a follow-the-sun operations approach working with colleagues across three continents
- You will work in an agile scrum environment
- You will interact with your peers across the Omnia effort across all teams to ensure that best practices are followed throughout the organization
- You will be an active member in the Open Source communities surrounding the technologies that we use on a daily basis
- You will help mentor more junior colleagues, including fresh college graduates
- We are open to fully remote working, but we have a preference for candidates located in one of our key next-generation engineering centers (London, Boston, New York City, Austin, and Belfast)
Successful candidates will:
- Large amount of experience within production-grade systems. This doesn’t have to come from working for a large firm, you just have to have experience in working on production-grade systems over time.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience acquired on the job.
- Solid experience working with Angular or ReacJS is a must.
- Hands-on experience with CSS building responsive components and layouts.
- Experience building, packaging, and setting up CI/CD for web applications is preferred.
- Experience dealing with large sets of data, advanced data visualizations and animation techniques is preferred.
- Good English language skills
- Appreciate the value diversity (in all its forms) brings to our team and company
Experience working in a financial services environment is not required or expected.