Assistant Management Accountant x 2
- £28,000 - £35,000 + 10% Bonus & Benefits
- Birmingham, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Phoenix Group
- 11 déc. 17 2017-12-11
We are recruiting for 1 x permanent and 1 x 12-month FTC Assistant Management Accountant. If you apply, you will be asked on the application form “Would you consider a 12-month FTC / secondment?”. Please ensure you select the appropriate response so we understand your preference. (Note that indicating a willingness to consider a 12-month FTC will not rule you out of being considered for a permanent role)
Are you a confident communicator with strong analytical skills?
Fund Accounting is an energetic, dynamic and ever evolving department responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger and inputs in to the reporting process. In addition, they also manage financial relationships with outsourcers, covering accounting, incidents and change activity.
Reporting in to a Fund Accountant and working as part of a busy and friendly team, you will be responsible for providing robust management information on the financial control environment. You will support the team by tracking progress on control environment failures and providing financial reporting and ledger work.
Other responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the Fund Accountants to obtain required information and challenge when necessary
- Providing accurate and timely information to our key stakeholders
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation
What we’re looking for:
- An individual currently studying for an accounting qualification would be ideal, alternatively, previous experience in a finance role
- A system savvy individual with strong PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Accounting Ledgers
- An excellent communicator with ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Someone with the ability to think on their feet, be proactive and manage their time accordingly
Please note, internally this role is known as Fund Accounting Analyst. Assistant Management Accountant is being used for advertising purpose only.
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last 6 consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 11th December 2017