EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Implementation Engineer
to join our team in Chertsey, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Chertsey, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- FIS Global
The FIS Managed Hosted Service has a portfolio of products which cover a range of enterprise level services such as grid-computing, clustered services, load balanced web portals and cutting edge disaster recovery technologies. The Senior Implementation Engineer will be managing the full suite of products and services and interfacing with a range of stakeholders. The position requires a self-motivated individual with proven technical expertise and excellent communication skills. The Senior Implementation Engineer will acquire skills and knowledge to be a subject matter expert in providing Managed Hosted Services in a secure, high performance and resilient infrastructure.
The job holder is responsible for the support and operation of the Insurance managed services environments. Working with a variety of internal and outsourced functions such as Services Desk, product support specialists, data centre providers and technical architects the Senior Implementation Engineer will ensure the delivery and continued operation of the environments and are delivered to customers in line with SLAs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Incident management - Act as a point of escalation for the Service Desk for diagnosis and resolution of incidents in a 3rd line capacity. Engage directly with customers where necessary to resolve incidents. Periodically fulfil on-call responsibilities to provide 24/7 point of escalation to other regional managed services environment.
• Problem management - Identify and remediate root cause of complex issues affecting delivery of the service. Identify potential problems and propose preventative measures to reduce/remove the likelihood of the problem affecting the service.
• Change management - Author change requests and submit to the Change Board. Provide technical peer review and approval for changes submitted by other team members. Implement changes during and outside of business hours.
• Management of infrastructure services such as Active Directory, Citrix, DNS, firewalls, DFS, SQL (including cluster services) and working with the Technical Architect on the overall architecture and design.
• Disaster recovery - Act as the primary point of contact for documentation and execution of technical recovery procedures. Partake in quarterly DR tests and document approach and findings. Where necessary respond to major incidents outside of core business hours.
• Patch management - Perform technical approval of operating systems and application patches through a formal test process. Ensure patches are successful or issues remediated.
• Implementation and upgrade of iWorks applications. Develop conceptual understanding of implementation and upgrade procedures for all iWorks application and specialize in two.
• Security - Work with the Technical Architect and Security team to design, implement and review controls which comply with the corporate security policies. Ensure segregation of duties between development and support groups in the managed services environment through appropriate controls on access rights.
• Monitoring and reporting - Ensure monitoring solutions are accurately capturing the appropriate level of data and the analysis is performed to ensure that when thresholds are breeched the appropriate staff members are notified. Generate periodic reports on system utilization and health.
Essential Experience Required;
• A business professional with proven experience in product support environment
• Professional, customer focused, diligent, an eye for detail and a consistent approach
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team depending on the nature of the work
• Good written and verbal communications at all levels
• Customer facing exposure in a related role
Worked on large project deliveries in an enterprise environment
Desirable Experience Required;
• Worked with Product Management and Development groups on product roadmaps
• Administered and implemented hosted services environments
• Application provision in a hosted services environment
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues to business focused teams and to take a business requirement and build a technical solution to support the need
• Worked within technical frameworks such as ITIL
• Degree with emphasis in a technical discipline, ideally computer science focused
• Industry qualifications in Microsoft, VMware, networking and Citrix will be advantageous although not essential
Essential Skills Required;
• Wide breadth of knowledge on IT Infrastructure and networking
• Knowledge of Citrix, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory
• Complex problem solving
• Understanding of change management processes
• Knowledge of networking concepts (including firewall design and principals, load balancing, shared storage)
Desirable Skills Required;
• Hands on or conceptual understanding of grid processing, cloud and big data
• PowerShell Scripting
• Knowledge of Oracle
• UNIX / Linux
The successful candidate will need to be highly structured as well as highly skilled in the support of the service. The Service is mission critical to FIS's customers but will push the technology to its limits so a balance between reliability and leading edge must be struck.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.