- £52,889- £66,783
- Coventry, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Coventry Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- E.ON UK plc
- 13 juin 18 2018-06-13
Our Finance Department within E.ON UK in Coventry is looking for a Risk Manager.
Based at Coventry with travel required to other sites
E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. Our customers are at the heart of everything that we do, whether it is providing new technology for demand side response, electric vehicle charging solutions, or building the next generation of smart cities. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join E.ON as a Risk Manager and promote our vision of the UK’s energy future in the finance department.
This is a high profile, visible role that will give you exposure to our Board Directors and the chance to get to know our business across all areas. You’ll work with senior management to develop the risk and governance culture and evolve the maturity of risk management debates across the business. You’ll be in a unique position to be independent and objectively challenge the business, with regular attendance at executive and leadership team meetings driving the risk agenda.
You can expect to collaborate with colleagues from across the business to ensure a consistent risk and governance message is delivered to stakeholders. Working closely with senior managers, you’ll be supporting them to identify, assess and monitor risks, ensuring the business delivers practical and commercially appropriate mitigation plans. You’ll take an active role as risk expert on large projects working with the business to drive solutions. The role also requires you to support the business to define and articulate its risk appetite, and manage risk accordingly. Furthermore, you’ll be developing and improving quantitative models for enterprise risk.
There is also an opportunity to shape the future of risk and governance across our business, driving continuous improvement, creating and embedding an effective risk and governance framework. You’ll be raising the profile of risk management and governance activities through communications and awareness initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented experienced Risk Manager to play a leading role in the Finance department of E.ON UK. Here, you won’t just build a reputation with one of the world’s leading energy suppliers, you’ll have a significant impact on our business as a whole too.
What do we need from you?
- Experience in business partnering
- The credibility, expertise, commercial acumen and operational awareness to influence and challenge senior stakeholders
- A creative approach to problem solving with the tenacity to drive change by gaining commitments from others
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work autonomously and perform under pressure, delivering high quality outputs to agreed deadlines
- Detailed understanding and ability to apply statistical modelling and correlation techniques
- An understanding of risk and governance frameworks, and the ability to adapt them to add value
It would be great if you have:
- A broad understanding of the market and environment within which E.ON operates and the inherent risks this presents
- Experience of managing risks and risk reporting within the utilities (or similar) industry
- A recognised risk management and/or governance qualification
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in which E.ON operate
What we’ll give you in return:
- 2 for 1 pension contributions
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Voluntary benefits – discount and cashback
- Group Life Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Financial advice and guidance website
- This role is based in Coventry.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
This role is based in Coventry.
Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check may be required.
What we offer
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.
E.ON provides electricity and gas to five million homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of 12,000 people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.