Legal Entity Closure Manager
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 oct. 17 2017-10-21
See job description for details
If you are looking for a firm that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on. We have built a world class reputation for quality and service and the talent and passion of our people has been critical to our success. We provide a strong foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The role will be in the Finance Division’s EMEA Legal Entity Controllership team, specifically the legal entity closure team (Closure Team). The Closure Team is responsible for managing and progressing the legal entity closure pipeline, as part of the Firms global target to reduce and consolidate the legal entity population.
The Closure Team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the entity closure pipeline, working to achieve the number of legally closed entities in each financial year.
- Enhancing the closure process through policy, documentation and reporting
- Reporting to Senior Firm and finance groups - typically ED and MD
- Liaison with stakeholders teams to progress closures and assist in resolution of issues delaying closure
- Stakeholder management across all BU and finance teams
- Working with Legal Entity Governance Office (LEGO) in reporting the closure statistics
JOB DESCRIPTION, SKILLS REQUIRED AND SKILLS DESIRED
This role will specifically focus on the legal closure of entities identified by the BU and LEGO, working within the existing closure framework. The candidate will work with other team members and stakeholders in the Firm and will build and use a network of contacts internally to meet the wider objectives and deliverables of Finance and LEGO.
The candidate will work as part of the Closure Team, based in Glasgow and will report to a Senior Manager locally. The team is responsible for EMEA managed entities and the entity population includes entities with jurisdiction in the wider EMEA region and US. As such there will be interaction with Global stakeholder teams.
- Progress of entities in closure pipeline - documenting progress and reporting to LEGO and stakeholders.
- Closure step plans - identification and coordination of steps required to prepare the entities for the legal closure process in relevant jurisdiction.
- Identification of steps required to simplify the general ledger in preparation for legal closure, including posting of journals and input into documentation to effect dividend distributions and capital reductions.
- Actively contribute to internal closure forums to aid the progression of closure targets
- Stakeholder management - work effectively with key global and regional constituents, functional partners and stakeholders.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and initiatives.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a rounded commercial approach to reporting and managing a portfolio of entities, with proven skills in chasing issues through many layers to discover root causes, and be confident in managing relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders and business areas.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability to self-manage work load effectively whilst balancing multiple deliverables and priorities appropriately.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills
- Candidates for role should have or be working towards a professional qualification (CA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format. Experience in using Microsoft PowerPoint is also beneficial
- Candidates should have some experience in preparing and/ or posting journals and adjustments to financial reporting system
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders
- Candidates should be highly numerate with a close attention to detail, and demonstrate a strong commitment to developing your own skills
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Financial reporting or risk management within a financial services environment
- End to end process and control assessment, including identification of issues, assessment of impact, suggestion for remediation and implementation of remediation plan
- Internal controls
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3