- Excellent + Benefits
- Knutsford, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays UK
- 17 oct. 17 2017-10-17
We are currently hiring a PMO Manager position based out of our Knutsford site.
We are currently hiring a PMO Manager position based out of our Knutsford site.The role will be to provide support to the VP Senior PMO lead in ensuring the high performance delivery of SI change portfolios for the BU.
You will also be responsible for providing project management office expertise to a portfolio, working to monitor the health of projects within a portfolio and supporting PMs with quality and control actions
- Work with the portfolio to address performance queries and concerns; manage and facilitate remedial action to sustain delivery to time, cost and quality performance objectives. Work with the portfolio team to embed improvements across the portfolio.
- Support portfolio governance reviews e.g. gateways ensuring the activities behind, and content within, project documents are of the quality required to allow them to proceed.
- Work in partnership with the central Governance team to embed agreed processes effectively throughout the portfolio ensuring quality, consistency and control.
- Ensure the effective operation of PMO processes and tools to manage the portfolio. Manage the implementation and embedding of new processes and tools to improve PMO efficiency, ensure consistency with enterprise wide PMO and continually improve the health of the portfolio.
- Develop and manage pmo procedures, templates and other shared information that improve the efficiency of project delivery - ensuring consistency with central standards and processes
- Ensure an effective Risk & Issue & Change Control Management framework operates within the portfolio ensuring quality, consistency and control. Provide intelligent information to the portfolio Change Directors and Portfolio Manager to make effective decisions.
- Possess strong analytical skills
- MS Suite (incl Project, Excel and SharePoint) experience
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies Experience of managing change in complex environment; Understanding of risk management & regulatory demands; Understanding of agile delivery methods
- Project assurance or governance experience combined with an understanding of BUK project methodologies is required
- Influencing/networking - developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions
- Professional communications - making oneself understood, sharing information, listening to and encouraging others to get involved
- Understand and comply with the requirements of Group Change Governance framework and Group mandated Business Change methods, standards and tools
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry
- Use of Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. PPM)
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.