AVP Data Privacy Legal Counsel
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
This is an exciting role for a data privacy/cyber security lawyer to work in a top UK bank.
The Data Privacy Legal Team provide Data Privacy Legal advice, support and risk management to the bank, including supporting its business units, middle and back office, international and group functions. Key focus will be on data issues stemming from Technology, Cyber and Insider Threat, Social Media, Big Data, Product Enhancement and Identity Protection.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support and expert legal advice on data privacy and related matters with respect to
- all aspects of the bank's current and proposed Cyber, Intelligence, and Insider Threat programmes;
- data commercialisation and identity protection projects with the focus of enhancing customer experience through innovation and big data initiatives;
- outsourcing and procurement transactions;
- and corporate acquisitions and disposals.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the bank's business units and functions, in particular the Technology, Cyber Security and Information functions to participate in the development of new business products to protect the bank and its Customers, services and processes, embedding a culture of privacy by design and working to identify and resolve potential data privacy issues.
- Provide appropriate management of data privacy legal risk across the bank, in particular risks arising from cyber and insider threat, data mining and commercialisation, structural reform, new regulations, and the development and launch of new products and technologies, in each case whether internal (bank-facing) or external (customer-facing).
- Identify & address legal data privacy issues arising from third-party engagements, including negotiating and resolving issues with commercial contracts (including IT & outsourcing contracts), data transfers & customer terms consistent with the bank's data privacy & IT standards.
- Provide timely, pragmatic data privacy legal advice to permit the rollout of critical and strategic projects, including the General Data Protection Regulation, implementation of non-EU privacy obligations and corporate acquisitions and disposals, in conjunction with banking structural reform activities.
- Qualified lawyer (up to 4 years PQE).
- Excellent technical knowledge of data privacy law, social media and data commercialisation legal issues, cyber and insider threat (prevention, detection and incident response).
- Good knowledge of international freedom of information/open government law desirable.
- Familiarity with the businesses and products across the banking/financial services industry and relevant legal issues affecting them.
- Solid technical knowledge of contract, commercial, IT and/or outsourcing law.
If you're interested in hearing more about the role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02074229361.
Recruiter's Name: Sarah Assem
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.