Application Support - Risk & PnL (Fixed Income)
- Attractive Day Rate
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Emagine Consulting
- 15 janv. 18 2018-01-15
We're currently looking to engage with an experienced Application Support Analyst (Risk PnL - Fixed Income) to help us deliver into one of our key banking clients. This is a contract role with a minimum term of 6 months with considerable potential to extend.
The role will see the successful individual supporting systems across Fixed Income, with specifity to the Risk and PnL systems in use within the bank. This will also include Bonds and Derivatives, EU and US Government Bonds, Agencies and Sovereign Bonds, SSAs, Inflation linked.
The role interacts directly with Front Office traders and the Application Development and teams. The Rates business relies heavily on software for eTrading with clients. This role would see the successful individual ensuring the trading platforms are available, that any downtime is swiftly remedied and that repeat failures are avoided.
- Owning the relationship between Front Office and technology
- Providing first and second-line support for Risk and PnL applications in addition to Emerging Market trading apps, and broker applications.
- Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge with team members and global partners
- Liaising with application development and infrastructure teams targeting on-going development, production activity and release management
- Ownership of major production incidents, working closely with other technology teams in order to resolve business-impacting issues
- Pro-actively improving the quality of systems and service, and increase business value
- Upholding and championing bank and Production Management policies, procedures and standards
- Experience of front office e-trading support at L1 & L2
- Good detailed understanding of FICC.
- Specific rates product knowledge and of their trade lifecycle is desirable.
- Great communication skills and stakeholder management skills as the role carries be responsibility for announcing on outages, and communicating to CTOs and heads of desk on any major issues, and how they are being addressed and resolve.
- Stakeholder management skills: this role is on the trading floor and requires interaction with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Understanding of the Emerging Markets business, the trading systems, the process of booking a trade front to back
- Risk & PNL knowledge is mandatory: Regulators are focusing on PNL (CCAR/FRTB) and this role is assisting in updating the way PnL is calculated, hence there are more opportunities for errors in the risk numbers, daily PnL.
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand typical numbers that can be expected in the risk space for asset classes
- Experience in onboarding applications. This is not a static environment, many apps are being built at the moment for example to satisfy MIFID II and they will fall in the support lap and go live. Experience in this process (onboarding) is required
- UNIX, SQL required (Python is a plus)
- ITRS monitoring experience is mandatory