- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
Schroders Investment IT Group are creating a brand new team to focus on delivering software architecture solutions across the front office teams. The successful candidate will be an experienced hands-on developer who has worked with latest database related technologies and have an understanding of architectural
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
A newly formed architecture delivery team is being created within the wider Investment Engineering domain. The team will be responsible for designing and developing a first class platform to assist developers from across Schroders in creating solutions for real business problems.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
We require a technologist with a deep understanding of multiple programming languages and architectural patterns to join a newly formed delivery team. We use the right tool for the job so although you will be expected to understand more traditional languages, you will also be expected to understand tools predominantly used within the financial business domain.
Although the role will be largely development focussed the candidate would be expected to learn or have an understanding of asset management and financial markets. Due to the services the team offers you will be expected to possess exemplary interpersonal skills that enable you to seamlessly work with a wide number of different teams.
• Be proficient in a range of languages, C#, Python and R.
• Be proficient in both structured and unstructured databases.
• Design and architect a platform making it easy for teams to adopt.
• Promote and drive forward the use of the platform across the organisation.
• Reduce the learning curve for new teams wishing to adopt one of the platform components.
• Promote an agile way of working where possible and look to streamline processes for efficiency.
• Liaise closely with business development, IT and infrastructure teams to seek improvements to the platform.
General and Technical Skills:
• Confident and professional individual to work with likeminded colleagues.
• Personable character to aid team cohesion.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation.
• Consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude.
• Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients.
• Good knowledge of the latest data storage and system integration strategies. A good working knowledge of Docker would also be desirable.
• Ability to learn and adapt technology to suit an ever changing business.
• Possess strong design principles, that are maintained under pressure.
• Be a central knowledge of technical competency for teams to seek guidance.
• Strong development and architectural principles covering the full SDLC.
• Good knowledge of capital market products (Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives) would be beneficial.
• A forward looking view towards technology and how it can improve processes, reduce costs and create efficiencies towards the business.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.