Assistant Taxation Manager, Officer – Regulated Tax
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Assistant Taxation Manager, Officer – Regulated TaxResponsible for service delivery for Global Services UKMEA Client Operations: Regulated Taxation to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards service delivery.
Corporation Tax Specific:
- Review corporation tax and income tax computations for insertion in the interim and final financial statements for all funds
- Review CT600, PAIF CT61 and VAT returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs
- Review taxation payment instructions for Trustees
- Review quarterly taxation reviews to ensure reasonableness of daily taxation provision accrual and manage issues log review points
- Review classification and control of the Funds database ensuring the information contained within is accurate and up to date
- Manage the day to day taxation deliveries for the team.
- Work with management team in conducting training across both Poland and UK.
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Lead and motivate staff
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Monitor absence levels and ensure absence management procedures are followed
- Agree objectives for staff annually; monitor and appraise their performance providing regular formal and informal feedback
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Manage and oversee projects
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures initiating remedial action as necessary
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Ensure KPI measures (where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff both within StateStreet and with clients & external parties
- Hold regular team meetings and 1:1s to ensure regular communication with staff. Communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff
- Manage own time and activities effectively (delegating where required) setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal processes by completing a self evaluation and suggesting appropriate development to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context
- Individual Contributor:
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Business degree from University or equivalent/ relevant market experience.
- Professional Qualification desirable (ICAS, ICAEW, CTA, ACCA, ATT, AAT)
Skills and Experience
- Experience within fund administration/accounting and/or taxation essential, preferably at a large financial institution.
- Experience of staff management
- Strong understanding of fund accounting and tax principals relating to all Regulated Funds
- Excellent knowledge of tax regulations relating to UK Regulated funds
- Demonstrate good understanding of accounting regulations and SORP for Collective Investment funds
- Experience within Funds Administration/Accounting practice and or taxation role preferably at a large financial institution
- Exercises Sound Judgement - Intermediate
- Drives Execution - Intermediate
- Provides Outstanding Service - Intermediate
- Communicates Effectively - Advanced
- Promotes a Performance Culture - Intermediate